Opinion on the first build? (Gaming + Work)

Here's the list -https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Zgjd7X

First time builder here, I've been planning this for the past few weeks. I've tried reading everything I could find, let me know what you guys think about this build 馃檪

Work usage:I do UI/UX design so I will be using most of the 2D design softwares. These softwares are not GPU heavy but they require a lot of processing power because of the number of artboards on the screen.

For other work, I will use

• Adobe Illustrator
  • Photoshop
  • Premiere Pro (Light editing, nothing crazy)
  • After effects
  • Cinema 4D
  • Blender

I use multiple browsers Chrome, Firefox and have around 50+ tabs open. I DON'T EVER WANT TO CLOSE ANOTHER TAB AGAIN, I'M TIRED OF LAGGING.

Gaming usage:Nothing crazy, just need smooth performance at 1080p or 1440p. Obviously will wait until the GPU stock is available and prices are down.

• Battlefield V
  • Battlefield 1
  • GTA V
  • DOOM Eternal
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • PUBG
  • Valorant
  • Call of Duty: Warzone
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Questions/concerns:

CPU cooler:

1. Is this air cooler enough? Where I live it gets really hot, I'M NOT PLANNING TO OVERCLOCK. Can this handle my CPU? I was thinking about getting an AIO water cooler but I'm really scared, I don't know how to mount it and I don't wanna mess up my first build.

2. Is this air cooler going to fit in this case or will there be any clearance issues?

3. Do I need to buy thermal paste or is pre-applied on this cooler?

Case:

1. It gets dusty around here, the case has a lot of mesh since it's an airflow version. Will the front intake fans bring a lot of dust in? There's a glass version where glass covers the front (Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB) but I'm afraid that that is going to restrict the airflow.

2. Also how many fans does this case come with? I tried looking at the website but couldn't find any info. Can you suggest other fans if this case needs it?

Power supply:

Is this enough? I will also add 2 old HDD to this build. Is it overkill? Should I go lower and save some money? maybe 600W or 650W?

Thank you so much for the help!

Here's the list -https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Zgjd7X

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Zgjd7X

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor 聽($579.66 @ Amazon)聽
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler 聽($39.99 @ Newegg)聽
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard 聽($192.99 @ B&H)聽
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory 聽($219.99 @ Newegg)聽
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive聽
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card聽
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case 聽($94.99 @ Amazon)聽
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 聽($124.99 @ Best Buy)聽
Total: $1252.61
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-05-07 11:10 EDT-0400

Hi

Are you located in the USA ?

The Corsair 4000D comes with two fans installed. One at the front and one at the rear.

A better cooler is recommended as the hyper 212 is JUST enough but a little too little.

A much cheaper board like a b450 tomahawk max is plenty for the 3900x and no difference will be found. You can also opt for the b550 one. Either way pcie 4.0 isn't a thing on either with the 3900x.

Ram is expensive for the capacity.

A 5900x is cheaper than the 3900x in certain stores so get that one. Of course if going for the 5900x get the b550 board.

For ssd I'd say get a sn550 and with the above changes/saving you might be able to get a larger drive or make the price changes even.

Otherwise good component choices.

As for the case ALWAYS get the MESH VERSION. Dust will always happen so don't worry about it. You need to clean a pc at least once a year anyways.

The stock config of the 4000D is good enough. If you want more fans look into the arctic p series. Noctua performance and silence for a fraction of the price.

Thank you so much for answering! I appreciate you taking the time and helping me with this 馃檪聽Couple of follow up questions

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Either way pcie 4.0 isn't a thing on either with the 3900x.

Can you please explain what you mean by this?聽

A better cooler is recommended as the hyper212is JUST enough but a little too little.

Should I go with DARK ROCK PRO 4 Cooler?聽personally I love it but I'm worried if it will fit or not. It's a big boy. Can you recommended something else if possible?

A much cheaper board like a b450 tomahawk max is plenty for the 3900x and no difference will be found. You can also opt for the b550 one

I chose the X570-PLUS because I thought maybe I can future proof it in case I decide聽to upgrade the processor in the future. There isn't big difference between b550 and x570? Maybe I can save some money.

30 minutes ago, jupiter_rings said:

Thank you so much for answering! I appreciate you taking the time and helping me with this 馃檪聽Couple of follow up questions

Can you please explain what you mean by this?聽

Should I go with DARK ROCK PRO 4 Cooler?聽personally I love it but I'm worried if it will fit or not. It's a big boy. Can you recommended something else if possible?

I chose the X570-PLUS because I thought maybe I can future proof it in case I decide聽to upgrade the processor in the future. There isn't big difference between b550 and x570? Maybe I can save some money.

Dark rock pro 4 will fit. But a sycthe fuma 2 is cheaper and has equally good performance.

The 5900x is cheaper than the 3900x so go for that. The x570 you chose isn't a amazing board cheaper board are better quality then it. There is no difference between b550 and x570 for you. Just board quality which is a board by board case.

850W should be just 2-3 USD more. would go with that instead, and maybe a cheaper mobo such as the aorus elite v2. better vrms as well

Just now, iCypticx said:
Reveal hidden contents

850W should be just 2-3 USD more. would go with that instead, and maybe a cheaper mobo such as the aorus elite v2. better vrms as well

It's a 3060ti doesn't matter much
Only went with this due to the Wifi 6 which (i'm assuming) OP needs.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, Downkey said:

It's a 3060ti doesn't matter much
Only went with this due to the Wifi 6 which (i'm assuming) OP needs.

better value imo. would be good for future upgrades, and is on a good deal rn
if OP needs wifi 6 could go with A Pro as well + WE3000 or any ax200 card w wifi 6 + BT

5 hours ago, jaslion said:

Dark rock pro 4 will fit. But a sycthe fuma 2 is cheaper and has equally good performance.

The 5900x is cheaper than the 3900x so go for that. The x570 you chose isn't a amazing board cheaper board are better quality then it. There is no difference between b550 and x570 for you. Just board quality which is a board by board case.

Thank you!