Laptop Trackpad randomly stops working

Hi,

Laptop: HP pavilion 15 gaming notebook ak008tx

Touchpad: Synaptics TouchPad Driver- 19.3.31.31 Rev.A

Windows 10: 21H1 19043.906

I never experienced any issues with my laptops track pad before this.

yesterday night, i received a notification saying that an update requires restart... so i did.

Once the laptop booted up i could not see any cursor on the screen and the trackpad seemed to not work. Connecting an external mouse would immediately bring back the cursor.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver using device manager and windows update. sometimes the trackpad would start to work but as soon as i reboot it stops working again. This is inconsistent and it doesnt always start to work again after fresh driver install.

I tried with a clean installation of windows but that still doesnt seem to fix it. It doesn't work even when im booted using the installation USB.

however sometimes it randomly starts to work when i reinstall drivers or rollback drivers. On one such occasion i decided not to restart and it worked well until i rebooted about an hour in.

During this time the 2-finger swipe and all those features dont work but i find that the latest synaptics driver show up in device manager.

also tried to reset defaults in bios and booting in safe mode.

I thought that a fresh windows installation would fix any troubles and Im out of ideas. 

Please help.

Updated Bios, and then installed all chipset drivers available on the HP product page.
Uninstalled the synaptics driver from deivce manager..rebooted and reinstalled the one available on HP product page.
Didnt help.

Any other Ideas..