DRAM Led on my Asus p8z77-v lx motherboard

Okay so basically I just bought a new motherboard for my PC and transferred it into a new case with all the same parts for my old PC except the motherboard. However, the DRAM Led on my Asus p8z77-v lx motherboard is red and my PC has no display. The fans come on. I have already tried rearranging and reinserting the RAM. Also have tried taking out and putting in the CMOS battery again. Also tried doing the CLRTC already. I just bought this motherboard. Is it broken or is there something I'm not understanding. Important thing to note here I am new to this stuff.

PXL_20210506_144720216.jpg

Have you tried one stick at a time?

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

I had the P8Z77-V, I have never seen it do that, do you have some other ram you can try? Have you tried 1 stick in the.. I want to say furthest slot, but could be 1 in from the end.. been awhile.. mine died of unrelated reasons. Couldn't see storage devices..

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

Just now, SignatureSigner said:

Have you tried one stick at a time?

Yes. I've tried almost every combo of ram and I have 7 different sticks soooo that's alot

Just now, freeagent said:

I had the P8Z77-V, I have never seen it do that, do you have some other ram you can try? Have you tried 1 stick in the.. I want to say furthest slot, but could be 1 in from the end.. been awhile.. mine died of unrelated reasons. Couldn't see storage devices.

I've tried 1 stick for all 7 I own. None worked

10 minutes ago, sketchyplays23 said:

Okay so basically I just bought a new motherboard for my PC and transferred it into a new case with all the same parts for my old PC except the motherboard. However, the DRAM Led on my Asus p8z77-v lx motherboard is red and my PC has no display. The fans come on. I have already tried rearranging and reinserting the RAM. Also have tried taking out and putting in the CMOS battery again. Also tried doing the CLRTC already. I just bought this motherboard. Is it broken or is there something I'm not understanding. Important thing to note here I am new to this stuff.

PXL_20210506_144720216.jpg

It's also worth noting that I have a friend that is going to give me some RAM to try. Just to see if it might be my room that's the issue

• 1 month later...

Did you resolve this issue? 

I am having same problem