Multiple devices sound output to one audiodevice

Rushtig

At my office I have 5 devices. Custom rigs, laptop and mobile which all have their own sound output. Now I'm looking for a solution to control all these outputs in one place: one sound device to rule them all!

How to do that and what to use? I've searched the internet for good solutions. But they are either very old solutions or I'm simply not satisfied with the options.
It must be some receiver or amplifier with (input) switches and a master volume to external 5.1 speaker set.
Do you guys have any ideas?

Some sort of mixer, on the software side you can try voicemeeter and utilize the virtual network cable to send audio over the network to your main pc. If you want a hardware mixer, just make sure you get one that supports 5 inputs. (However this can get a little pricey depending on what your budget is.) how much are you willing to spend? If you go hardware, you'll need cables too.

--edit-- it's also worth noting that the virtual network cable/ voicemeeter is free but will work best if all the devices are hardwired on your LAN.

Thank you for the reply. 

I was looking for a hardware solution. My budget is 350 dollar for sound system + switchboard/mixer. Links to good hardware would be nice. Because I'm a noob when it comes to sound hardware. I'm a 3D artist/animator who just wants to work and present with good sound/music

Are you looking for a mixer or an input selector?

The need for 5.1 makes this a lot harder. Do you regularly listen to content that is mixed in surround?

On 5/7/2021 at 7:16 PM, Rushtig said:

My budget is 350 dollar for sound system + switchboard/mixer.

If that's your total budget, I think it's safe to say this isn't realistically going to fit an AVR + 6 speakers and a 5+ channel mixer. At least not for a decent setup. A budget 5.1 receiver alone would already be around 2/3 of that budget. On top of that, subwoofers are expensive and even cheap speakers aren't the cheapest thing in the world, so a full 6 speaker set will likely set you back at least that budget as well.

If only one of them needs to play at a time, then the easiest may be to hook up all the computers to the HDMI inputs of the receiver and connect the phone over Bluetooth.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB