Are there More People that think that Ryzen CPUs Look way better then Intel

Like i don't know if im weird but i find the Design of the Heatspreader on Ryzen CPU's sooo much better. its hidden by the cooler but you guys have to agree with me here that if you take one out of the box it looks really good.

i'd be inclined to disagree since the amd heatspreader looks much simpler in design to most people compared to the more geometrically complex intel heatspreader,in other words it looks less high tech to regular people

I actually agree with this. AMD cpus just look nicer then intel ones. hell, the box shows them off so they must be aware 😜

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

Just now, ki8aras said:

i'd be inclined to disagree since the amd heatspreader looks much simpler in design to most people

i respect your opinion, but a complex design dosent always = a good design

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

1 minute ago, mon1ka said:

i agree

1 minute ago, mon1ka said:

i didn't say it performs better,just that it looks better (to me at least)

Intel ist mostly complex do to its mounting so there isn't really a Performance benefit to the design (correct me if im wrong)

Just now, Moonzy said:

i still liked the pentium 3 look

S_Intel-600EB-256-133-1.65V%20(FC-PGA).j

the blue is so vibrant irl *-*

Agreed. Can you pass me the casette?

NEW Intel Pentium III (3) Slot 1 CPU SL35D 450/512/100/2.0V 400MHz Vintage  CPU | eBay

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

but at least now i know that im not the only weird one 🤷‍♂️, oh what am i saying there is a LTT onlyfans so i think we'r all weird 

I like Threadripper's IHS cover. They look pretty cool and thought out with the design I think. Although, I'll have to disagree with normal Ryzen IHS and say Intel's is cooler as it appears more engineered, crafted than AMDs design; like I'm paying for a product that time and effort was put into the design of than it's competitor. 

9 minutes ago, mon1ka said:

I actually agree with this. AMD cpus just look nicer then intel ones. hell, the box shows them off so they must be aware 😜

Older Intel packaging designs have the CPU showing. Even my 10980XE has the face of the IHS shown. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

4 minutes ago, Levent said:

NEW Intel Pentium III (3) Slot 1 CPU SL35D 450/512/100/2.0V 400MHz Vintage  CPU | eBay

OOTL, what is that?

Daily drivers

9 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

i didn't say it performs better,just that it looks better (to me at least)

i never said anything about performance. i just think it looks better

Daily drivers

40 minutes ago, Levent said:

I love this design so much more for CPU, makes it more analogous to other part of the system. Why dont we just use this?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

15 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

I love this design so much more for CPU, makes it more analogous to other part of the system. Why dont we just use this?

It would be cool for super tight cooling integrated designs but Threadripper die itself is almost half of the size of this board lol. IIRC, intel did have a NUC like this few generations back and it was awesome, but then they killed it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

51 minutes ago, mon1ka said:

OOTL, what is that?

That's a P3 Slot design.  

Intel Pentiums (P1) chips were FCPGA - Flip Chip Pin Grid Array
Pentium 2's and Celerons started the "Slot 1" design, which looked like that.  AMD did the same with Slot A.

Eventually everyone said "this is stupid" and went back to chips.

People care what a CPU looks like when it is going to be hidden 100% of the time once it's installed?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

* thread moved to the CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory section *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

49 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

It wouldn't be viable anymore with today's signal speeds.

I prefer Intel's IHS designs both for the looks, and... becasue it holds the CPU in place correctly.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I think Intel's look better, from a mechanical aspect. I do like AMD's laser work though.. pretty fancy. Intel could get fancy like that too, but that adds to machine time.. that extra 2-3 seconds really add up when you are looking at big numbers. Time is money.. I still feel like I have to be extra careful when handling an AMD CPU.. those damn pins.. I do also prefer Intel's retention system, though I have not ripped an AM4 CPU out yet.. back to that extra careful part 😄

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

You're right

it's hidden by the cooler

does it really matter

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1366 delidded last Dec.

Looks close to amd delidded!

20210121_214933.jpg

8 hours ago, Arika S said:

People care what a CPU looks like when it is going to be hidden 100% of the time once it's installed?

Apparently 

Daily drivers

Well it can be exciting.. seeing one for the first time when you unbox it.. or when it’s time to take it out and put it away and you either look at it with fondness or disdain :D Some users only have one cpu, and some receive them by the lb :D I keep my best ones and leave them in the socket..

If it says Intel Confidential it is cool no matter the age.. jmo.. Haven’t seen an AMD one yet except in pictures.. but that would be pretty sweet too..

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's