Corsair CX550 or be quiet! System Power U9 500W?

Damfino

Hi. This is the situation, I have an old computer (from 2010, my first pc), although now I no longer use it to play games (the last game I played was Deus Ex: Human Revolution in 2015) I use it every day for many things, up to 16 hours a day. A few days ago the power supply a Seasonic S12II 520W stopped working, (all the other components are fine).

After looking at what psu are available in my country, and considering how much I can spend, I chose two psu and I can't decide which I should buy.
I am between the Corsair CX550 and the be quiet! System Power U9 500W.

My specs:
Motherboard: Intel DG41TY
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500
RAM: Kingston DDR2 2x2GB
Storage: WD 500 GB Blue
PGU: MSI GT730 2GD3 V3 PCI-Express 2.0
DVD+RW Dual Layer LG GH22NS50
4 fans (3x80mm and 1x120mm)

As a reference, other power supplies that are currently in the Argentine market within the price range of those mentioned above are:
Corsair CV 450W 550 W and 650W
Corsair VS 500W and 600W
Thermaltake Smart 500W 600W and 700W
Gigabyte P450B P550B and P650B
Seasonic A12 500W 600W and 700W
Asus TUF 550B

Stores:
https://compragamer.com/index.php?seccion=3&destacados=1&nro_max=50&cate=34
https://www.fullh4rd.com.ar/cat/supra/26/fuentes/1

So which one would you buy?

PD: Discarding their differences, the  be quiet! comes without a power cable, and the Corsair comes with the cable but for 110v (and with a different plug). Here in Argentina the current is 220v. What cable should I buy? With what amount of amps? The cable of the Seasonic S12II 520W says 10A and 250v, can I use it or do I buy another?

CX550 is a better rated PSU on the Tier list (B-tier as opposed to that Be Quiet! which is C-tier)

CX550 works on 100-240V, so all you need is a generic (high gauge) PSU cable to plug into the CX550, in case it comes bundled with a wrong outlet plug for your country.

20 hours ago, Quartz11 said:

CX550 is a better rated PSU on the Tier list (B-tier as opposed to that Be Quiet! which is C-tier)

CX550 works on 100-240V, so all you need is a generic (high gauge) PSU cable to plug into the CX550, in case it comes bundled with a wrong outlet plug for your country.

Thanks Quartz11!

21 hours ago, Damfino said:

am between the Corsair CX550 and the be quiet! System Power U9 500W.

The CX550 is by far the better choice. 

18 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

The CX550 is by far the better choice. 

Gracias GoldenLag. The only reason I have the be quiet! in mind, is because it is supposedly very quiet according to Aris review: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/be-quiet-system-power-u9-500w-psu,6035.html

But, just last night I looked on Cybenetics and both psu have a noise rating of A. In that case, the be quiet! would lose one of its pros.

22 hours ago, Quartz11 said:

I don't see how this is particularly relevant. The OP has stated their computer has stopped working because of a dead PSU, so they already have a power cable. Plus, they live in a 230V country, so a 200-250V only PSU is sufficient.

I am unclear what the OP plans to do with this computer, but since they have a Core2 duo and a GT730 and they don't game, I cannot imagine they'd get a $200 USD GPU anytime soon.

Really, the System Power U9 is more than good enough for this system - cheap and DC to DC. And will still be more than good enough if the OP decides to do a platform upgrade in the future (and even an entry level gaming GPU would be fine with that).

They can even get away with an ADATA XPG Pylon 550W.

Really, this is a PC that is worth $120USD. Getting them to spend half of the PC's value on a PSU is a waste of money.

23 hours ago, Damfino said:

I am between the Corsair CX550 and the be quiet! System Power U9 500W.

[snip]

PD: Discarding their differences, the  be quiet! comes without a power cable, and the Corsair comes with the cable but for 110v (and with a different plug). Here in Argentina the current is 220v. What cable should I buy? With what amount of amps? The cable of the Seasonic S12II 520W says 10A and 250v, can I use it or do I buy another?

3 minutes ago, comicsansms said:

I don't see how this is particularly relevant. The OP has stated their computer has stopped working because of a dead PSU, so they already have a power cable. Plus, they live in a 230V country, so a 200-250V only PSU is sufficient.

What...  I don't even...   Did you actually read my post and the OP?

27 minutes ago, comicsansms said:

I am unclear what the OP plans to do with this computer, but since they have a Core2 duo and a GT730 and they don't game, I cannot imagine they'd get a $200 USD GPU anytime soon.

Really, the System Power U9 is more than good enough for this system - cheap and DC to DC. And will still be more than good enough if the OP decides to do a platform upgrade in the future (and even an entry level gaming GPU would be fine with that).

They can even get away with an ADATA XPG Pylon 550W.

Really, this is a PC that is worth $120USD. Getting them to spend half of the PC's value on a PSU is a waste of money.

Here in Argentina the prices are bizarre. A component can be very cheap (almost the value it has in the USA or Europe) or almost double. It depends who imports it to the country, and if later it is going to be sold with price adjusted to the official or parallel dollar price. At the time the Seasonic here in Argentina I paid almost 120 dollars, and it worked perfectly for almost 7 years.

As for the ADATA XPG Pylon 550W, it is almost 30 dollars more than the Corsair (and the Corsair is 20 dollars more expensive than the be quiet!) If you tell me that it is not worth spending so much, it would not be worth it.

As for the price of the be quiet! or the Corsair, for the values that are in the market they are not so expensive.

One question, the  be quiet! System Power U9 500W is multiple rail, in this case does it matter, or is it not revealing and would not influence the normal functioning of the system?

In the end I am going to buy the be quiet! System Power U9 500W, because although in the pages the CX550 appears that it is in stock in reality it is not. So I decided on  be quiet! over the others that I mentioned in the first message.

If I wait a few weeks for the CX550 to enter the country, its price will surely increase, and with inflation, I won't even buy the CV maybe. To give you an idea, in the past two weeks the WD Elements 2TB had a price increase of almost 25%.

Thanks to those who responded.

On 5/11/2021 at 10:21 PM, Damfino said:

In the end I am going to buy the be quiet! System Power U9 500W, because although in the pages the CX550 appears that it is in stock in reality it is not. So I decided on  be quiet! over the others that I mentioned in the first message.

If I wait a few weeks for the CX550 to enter the country, its price will surely increase, and with inflation, I won't even buy the CV maybe. To give you an idea, in the past two weeks the WD Elements 2TB had a price increase of almost 25%.

Thanks to those who responded.

Igualmente es buena fuente, por eso ni te preocupes, estaba viendo que en compragamer esta esa y la XPG Pylon, asi que tambien hay mas opciones, pero si no, igualmente esa Be Quiet! es una fuente que te servira mas que bien para lo que necesitas.

8 hours ago, illoCharles said:

Igualmente es buena fuente, por eso ni te preocupes, estaba viendo que en compragamer esta esa y la XPG Pylon, asi que tambien hay mas opciones, pero si no, igualmente esa Be Quiet! es una fuente que te servira mas que bien para lo que necesitas.

Gracias @illoCharles. 

Al final me elegí la Be Quiet! por la critica que hizo Aris en Tom's Hardware. Ademas la encontré en una casa de computación que me recomendaron, fui me atendieron re bien, la caja estaba ni tocada y la listo

De todas maneras, se me hizo imposible determinar si la CX estaba en stock o no. Porque en FullH4rd llame por teléfono me dijeron que no, le pregunte por WhatsApp me dijeron que si y después un amigo me dijo que no compre ni ahi ni compragamer por el había comprado en los dos y lo estafaron. Después me puse a mirar las opiniones en google de la gente me di cuenta que son unos chantas. Fijate: compragamer opiniones y Fullhard opiniones. Si queres ir al local a comprar te dicen que no la tiene en stock, y si la queres comprar por Internet te dicen que si, y después te dicen que no esta estaba en stock y te terminan mandando cualquier fuente pero de menor valor.