Pc keeps freezing and restarting while doing nothing

davo2015
Go to solution Solved by koga73,

Sounds similar to mine. I think there is a bug with AMD + windows update. Try uninstalling KB5000802

Hi,

I built a computer 3 months ago and it started freezing and crashing since. It get VERY annoying !! It keeps restarting while doing nothing. It freezes and restart. It also freezed when loading windows, in bios and the motherboard boot screen (the logo were it said that f11 is for boot etc..). Also when I close and re-open my monitor, it shows nothing but static on the screen and then it switches to blue then go in the static. I'm extremly frustrated, I can't do my homeworks on it. So here's my configuration:

Motherboard : Msi tomahawk max b450

CPU : ryzen 7 3700x stock cooler

RAM: corsair vengeance lpx 3200mhz 16gb

PSU : Corsair vs 650w

HDD : some seagate

GPU : A 5500xt from gigabyte oc

I already tried re-installing windows, disabling XMP, getting the mhz to a lower amount. It's very annoying having your computer restarting randomly, I losed hours of work and I cant work on this machine.. If anyone might have a Idea what could

cause this freezing and static will help me out very much. Also I think freezing got worse after updating the bios but i'm not sure. 

Thanks for reading

Any help is appriciated!

1 minute ago, goldenknightgaming said:

is your monitor blue screening?

If you're reffering to the blue screen then no, it restart without any error. But if about when i turn the monitor off and back on then i have statics and it switches to light blue then goes back to static

13 minutes ago, davo2015 said:

freezed when loading windows, in bios and the motherboard boot screen

then it's a hardware issue not software

remove the ram and run it with only a single stick installed in the machine , try both sticks alone and see if it stabilizes.

I have a similar issue to yours but its a different idea. My pc restarts when I launch certain games. If anyone can help me I would appreciate if anyone could look at my post. Thank you! 

On 5/6/2021 at 6:31 PM, emosun said:

then it's a hardware issue not software

remove the ram and run it with only a single stick installed in the machine , try both sticks alone and see if it stabilizes.

So i ran a memtest64 on both rams and i got no crashing only some freezing but no restarts. I think the ram is fine. Is there a possibility that it's a corrupt hard drive or a bad gpu ?

6 hours ago, davo2015 said:

So i ran a memtest64 on both rams and i got no crashing only some freezing but no restarts. I think the ram is fine. Is there a possibility that it's a corrupt hard drive or a bad gpu ?

did you remove the ram as stated or only run mem test expecting that was the same thing as removing the ram.

Sounds similar to mine. I think there is a bug with AMD + windows update. Try uninstalling KB5000802

7 hours ago, emosun said:

did you remove the ram as stated or only run mem test expecting that was the same thing as removing the ram.

So I only ran the memtest, i didn't removed the ram. But I found temporary fix, I changed the ram order and i reseted the bios settings to default but put xmp on at 3200mhz

5 hours ago, koga73 said:

Thanks i'l try that