FakeATF

Windows 10: Love it or hate it?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Windows 10?

• I love it, I always use it
    • I absolutely hate it and refuse to use it
    • I don't like it, but I use it because I am forced to
    • It has its problems, but it's the best choice out there

A poll surveying how the LTT community feels about Windows 10.

Me personally, I feel that while it has its problems, it is the best OS out there. It has the most support and is arguably the most widely used.

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

There are already a billion of these thread here: do we really need yet another one?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

5 minutes ago, FakeATF said:

A poll surveying how the LTT community feels about Windows 10.

Me personally, I feel that while it has its problems, it is the best OS out there. It has the most support and is arguably the most widely used.

Agreed. It's great, but there's those problems that just really tick you off.

Despite starting on a Hackintoshing project, I will most likely be using Windows most of the time, as it's a lot easier to find weird programs for Windows than macOS (plus F@H doesn't support GPUs on macOS).

W7 is a great OS as well, but it is showing its age as time passes.

elephants

Just now, WereCatf said:

There are already a billion of these thread here: do we really need yet another one?

I just wanted to see whether people's opinions change, or newer forum members haven't seen it. I skimmed through the first page and didn't see any, but if it gets merged then oh well...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

I hate it. I never had this many issues with Windows until Windows 10 was released. It is going to be 6 years in two months and there are still blatant issues with it. UI is not coherent and updates are absolutely trash. Only thing W10 had going for it was that it was free to upgrade using previous keys. If linux was given more support from manufacturers when it comes to drivers and gaming was on par with windows, I personally wouldnt keep using it at all.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Do I really have a choice?  Go with Microsoft or use Linux....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

Been using Windows for far too long to easily swap from it. But one day im sure I will. Just need to use Linux more.

Its not as good as Vista or 98, but if heavily modified it gets the job done, most of the time. So, no, id give it a 4/10 its better than Linux nothing.

Also for the record my fav OS is CellOS, which is afaik UNIX (or FreeDSB) based. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

It's closed source, runs poorly, and annoys the crap out of me when I try to use it to do literally anything. Also the UI is super inconsistent.

Windows makes me sad. GNU/Linux makes me happy.

I won't use software that requires the use of Windows. No Windows only games, no Windows only productivity software, no Windows only hardware. If a program that I use for some reason became Windows only, I would give up using that software.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

Microsoft has started irritating me more and more with their feature updates. The "News and Interests" widget is only the latest in a long line of things that's making me want to give up on Windows. The fact that they keep trying to get me to try Edge is downright infuriating.

If I didn't use my desktop for gaming, I'd have Linux installed instead - as evidenced by the fact that I switched from Windows 10 to Ubuntu 20.04 on my laptop a couple of months ago. Best decision of 2021 so far.

37 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

. The "News and Interests" widget is only the latest in a long line of things that's making me want to give up on Windows.

image.png.0152acf93f29ecb7f6af575237ef97e7.png

turn it off.

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

3 minutes ago, wall03 said:

turn it off.

I did. Immediately. But not before it gleaned my location information to show me the weather, in spite of the fact that I have turned off every location setting I can find in Windows 10.

On 5/8/2021 at 8:41 AM, YoungBlade said:

I did. Immediately. But not before it gleaned my location information to show me the weather, in spite of the fact that I have turned off every location setting I can find in Windows 10.

It goes by your IP when location is off, which Microsoft already knows, as it checks Microsoft servers to know if you have internet connectivity. This was like this since the introduction of the network status icon. Same applies to your Linux distro of choice (they use their own server, and hope for you they don't use a Google or Amazon or Microsoft cloud for this). There is no other way of knowing if your are actually online or not.

You can block the IP, but then the OS will show that you are not online, and many applications and games don't do self checks with its servers, they just poke the OS for status, and will prompt you that you are not online, and assume so. And so some things might work others don't, depending if they do its own checks or not.