Seasonic gx 750 vs be quiet straight power 11 750.

Smarttech47

Hi guys, I'm planning on a build. As you see in the title, I'm stuck between the two psu's. I don't know what to pick. First build, please help. Open to suggestions. Thanks. 

32 minutes ago, Smarttech47 said:

Hi guys, I'm planning on a build. As you see in the title, I'm stuck between the two psu's. I don't know what to pick. First build, please help. Open to suggestions. Thanks. 

I'd go for the Straight Power 11, due to the Focus GX may have issues handling high transient power GPUs like nVidia's Ampere:

1 hour ago, Smarttech47 said:

be quiet!

I don't like what seasonic does lately

1 hour ago, iCypticx said:

what components are you pairing the supposed unit with? I'd go with Antec NeoECO Gold ZEN 700 W or a CX (2017) 750 W
The CX 750W (2017) is the better option out of the four (SP11 // FOCUS 750 // NeoECO Gold Zen // CX 750)

CX 750W being better than straight power 11? I don't think so

you are comparing budget-friendly from corsair against premium from be quiet!

2 minutes ago, 17030644 said:

CX 750W being better than straight power 11? I don't think so

you are comparing budget-friendly from corsair against premium from be quiet!

I meant in terms of price/performance. CX 750 is 88 USD and SP11 is 140 USD.

At 140 USD you can easily go with an even better valued unit such as the Enermax REV DF 850W @ 120 USD.

2 hours ago, Smarttech47 said:

Can you provide a link to the store where to buy the PSU?

Haha sorry for not replying, as I thought I would receive notification on email like Tom's hardware forum. I'm in the UAE, so gccgamers, uaegamers, and stuff like that will do. I'm also adding the rm750x from corsair, which seems like a great choice. Here's my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rZDGF8

I know 750w is literally so overkill, even the 650w is. I'm future proofing cuz one of the last things I wanna upgrade is the PSU, along with the case, that's why I have the 4000d airflow in there. Is 750w actually enough for ryzen 7 or 9 with a 3090? Or should I go with 850w or 1000w? Cuz I'm gonna upgrade in kinda like 3-5 years, and I do not want to spend money again on the psu. 

7 hours ago, Smarttech47 said:

Haha sorry for not replying, as I thought I would receive notification on email like Tom's hardware forum. I'm in the UAE, so gccgamers, uaegamers, and stuff like that will do. I'm also adding the rm750x from corsair, which seems like a great choice. Here's my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rZDGF8

I know 750w is literally so overkill, even the 650w is. I'm future proofing cuz one of the last things I wanna upgrade is the PSU, along with the case, that's why I have the 4000d airflow in there. Is 750w actually enough for ryzen 7 or 9 with a 3090? Or should I go with 850w or 1000w? Cuz I'm gonna upgrade in kinda like 3-5 years, and I do not want to spend money again on the psu. 

IIRC, CORSAIR recommends 850 watts or more for the RTX 3090. @jonnyGURU

It may be different depending on the CPU, but there are actually quite a few 3090s that recommend 850w or higher.

You're not going to want to run a 3090 on a 750W.  I'm telling you that right now.

That's what I was thinking. Hmmmm..... Idk I thing if I wanna run a ryzen 9 and a 30 series gpu I think 1000w is the way to go. It spoils my budget but who cares spend more money now than later