860 EVO SATA M.2 not working

SnovLucid

Hi guys, I don't know what I did wrong or I may electrostatic dischard damage my SSD but here my story:

So I just get my SSD from the box. It's Samsung 860 EVO SATA M.2 1TB

Then I plug it in my pc to install window in it. The window didn't find the drive, I change setting in the motherboard to M.2 (then my wifi card not working have to change back to auto later). Still not find the SSD.

I then take it out, put it M.2 enclosure to check if it working in my pc (the M.2 enclosure is MV-i9 from ElecGear). 

I open Disk manager in window and it show the pop up disk 2 with a check box then I choose GPT. and error box show up ( picture attached)

Also in disk manager it show up as Disk 2 Unknown Not initialised (picture attached)

Then I try download Samsung magician to see if it works. It show up as NV-i9 USB but no volum or anything. 

Could  this driver be error or anything? I just open it straight from the box to my pc it brand new.

Worst case scenario can I damage it by electrostatic discharge by any change? I may have touch it a little. Not on the chip ovb it still have the seal before I peel off when I plug in my pc.

Aslso the mainboard is ASUS Maximus VII (it a bit old pc).

Thank you guys!

Dismananger1.jpg

Dismananger2.jpg

Dismananger3.jpg

samsungmagician1.png

ESD is happening very rarely (Linus has got a video about that and he has a really hard time managing to damage anyhting) 
I would acutally guess you have just got a broken one out of the box

17 minutes ago, full bridge rectifier said:

ESD is happening very rarely (Linus has got a video about that and he has a really hard time managing to damage anyhting) 
I would acutally guess you have just got a broken one out of the box

When your name show up I thought I need a bridge or something because it show up full bridge suggest to connect my ssd I mean like what... and oh =)) thank bro probably that. Dam, just contact Samsung ssd and see how thing go.

Have you tried it without the enclosure (if you can) ?

Just now, Murasaki said:

Have you tried it without the enclosure (if you can) ?

That's the 1st thing I did, plug it in my pc, try everything, Window installer not recognise, dish manager not recognise it aswell. Like nothing, I also think that maybe the mainboard change to M.2 in onboard setting in bios, still nothing. Saw a guys said he didn't install it correct, I take it out plug in screw everything make sure it look correct. still nothing. My last resort was to put it in the enclosure since i just have it in hand though.