First PC build NEED HELP

3 hours ago, christoplayz said:

no 5950x is not more way more powerful than the 11900k its just slightly faster but the 5950x isnt a great value get a 5800x or 5900x insted but if youre a heavy gamer 5950x's right for you if you want future proofing use 3090 or 3080 

It is way more powerful if doing video editing/rendering and the software can make use of the 16 cores. For gaming the 11900K is probably faster at 1080p, but it isn't worth buying so it is irrelevant.

yeah it's kinda bottlenecked

Erm no. 

Can I just check - you've already got the CPU + GPU (5950X + RTX3070) and now you're asking what else to pair with it?

Are  you US based? Some of your prices look really bad as you've selected your PCPartsPicker region as New Zealand - so they're quoted in NZ Dollars!

If you're able to get both of those and not pay scalper prices, then based on the latest list of parts you've sent (with the region adjusted to USA):

The X570 board is a good pairing and although $220 is above my normal threshold for motherboards, that would easily be an appropriate amount to spend on that CPU!

The memory is probably not the best choice: I'm sure the higher end 5000 series Ryzen CPU's really benefit from 3600Mhz DDR4, so worth trying to get that - Corsair Vengeance LPX is a really solid "no bling" option though, but see if your budget will stretch to 3600Mhz CL16 or maybe CL18 if you want to save a bit.

Storage is the main worry, especially the SATA choice!

Check your games install footprint - I would drop the SSD entirely - the 870EVO is a waste of money for a SATA when you have 2x NVME slots. The 2Tb primary should be plenty for you OS and most games and then either get yourself a big spindle drive for archiving / lesser used titles.

If you REALLY need a second SSD, then make it a NVME - your choice of the 870 EVO plus would mean you're paying a price premium for those still stuck with SATA as their only option: you can get a WD Blue (SN550) for less than a 870 EVO Plus... the SN550 is a really solid little drive and even an average NVME is WAY better than the best SATA.

I would recommend either:

1x 2Tb 980PRO/970EVOplus  and 1x 2Tb SN550

or

1x2Tb 980PRO/970EVOplus and 1x very large SSD spindle drive

(if it was me I would go with the 2x NVME and have the spindle storage on a NAS somewhere else in the house)

Reason for the storage recommendations: I have a 500Gb 970 EVO plus as my primary OS drive and then a 1Tb SN550 NVME for my games, etc and even on a 4x riser slot (not the best for a NVME drive). Even with the "slow" NVME in a 4x slot, it is a LOT faster than the old 2.5" SATA SSD drive it replaced and my old SATA was a top spec 850PRO, granted that's an old drive, but with the latest firmware updates it was the same performance as an 870PRO: pretty much maxing out the interface (550Mb/sec read 500Mb/sec write).

My 500Gb OS drive has a FULL Open Office + MS Office Pro installs, all the main game launchers and a lot of other apps and also some OneDrive caching and still only takes ~350Gb. My 1Tb NVME then has my VHD's (for virtual OS's), games (incl some things like COD Warzone, Minecraft, Fortnite, LOTS of Steam titles like all the Half-Life and every AoE release) and still less than 500Gb total.

I also have the option to move my lower priority Steam / Epic / BattleNet libraries on the big spindle drives.

My workstation/gamer: Ryzen9 5900X@5Ghz, AC Freezer2 280mm AIO, ASUS TUF X570PRO, RTX3080Ti FE, 32Gb TridentZ DDR4-3600C14, M.2 1Tb WDSN850, M.2 1Tb WDSN550, 2x 8Tb WD80EFAX, Corsair HX850, LianLi O11 Air Mini + 3x NF-A14's, Gigabyte M27Q (27"/1440P/170Hz), Asus PA248 (24"/1200P/60Hz), Dell WFP2408 (24"/1200P/60Hz), G815 kbd, G502 mouse, Sony WH-H910N, ModMic Wireless.

the cpu is way too powerful for a 3070 you should get a 5800x or a 5600x for a 3070

8 hours ago, christoplayz said:

the cpu is way too powerful for a 3070 you should get a 5800x or a 5600x for a 3070

Stop talking nonsense. There is hardly any difference in gaming between a 5950X and 5600X. 

5 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Stop talking nonsense. There is hardly any difference in gaming between a 5950X and 5600X. 

its just my opinion man

its just my opinion man

That doesn't make it right does it ?