Want to help friend buy a pre-built

Sorry for any mistakes here just made an account to get some help. So recently a buddy of mine asked me for help to pick out a new desktop since he has been using an old alienware laptop that is beginning to crap out on him. I recommended looking for a pre-built system just because he wants to get his machine sooner rather than later and doesn't want to try and get lucky in order to find a gpu at a reasonable price. We looked at a few sites and eventually ended up looking at a lot of the ibuypower systems. His main purpose for the new pc is gaming (1080p high refresh rate, while sometimes plugging into his 4k tv for some sightseeing games) so I recommended ryzen 5600x, 16gb-3600mhz, RTX 3070, 850 watt power supply, and a b550 motherboard. He likes to multitask a lot while gaming (having chrome open watching tutorials while gaming etc), and he would really like for this machine to last him 5+ years without worrying about performance or anything like that. I just wanted to know if anyone saw any gaps in my logic/recommendations that I could remedy before I recommend he spend over 2 grand (US) on a system. One more specific question in regards to ibuypower is whether or not an upgrade we install in the future (increase ram to 32gb) would negate the warranty in any way. I would appreciate any and all advice on how I could get him the best system for his money.

if you are in the USA, then upgrading ram will not void your warranty. according to the "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act", the company needs to prove that adding more sticks of ram broke your computer (which is exceedingly rare) so that should not be a problem. 

also, be aware of shipping and delivery times on prebuilts. you might be able to buy them now, but they will deliver potentially weeks or months later since stock is non-existent for everything. 

the build looks fine but also beware that sometimes prebuilts have non standard parts or potentially lower quality parts in the motherboards, psu, coolers, and case. 

8 minutes ago, The_Vaccine said:

if you are in the USA, then upgrading ram will not void your warranty. according to the "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act", the company needs to prove that adding more sticks of ram broke your computer (which is exceedingly rare) so that should not be a problem. 

also, be aware of shipping and delivery times on prebuilts. you might be able to buy them now, but they will deliver potentially weeks or months later since stock is non-existent for everything. 

the build looks fine but also beware that sometimes prebuilts have non standard parts or potentially lower quality parts in the motherboards, psu, coolers, and case. 

Okay thanks!! Yea I think the reason I was leaning towards an ibuypower system is that their customization tool gives specifics for parts that you choose. So I have an MSI MPG gaming carbon wifi motherboard and a Corsair RM850X psu. Though I did choose ibuypower's own dual radiator aio and one of their own cases (my buddy liked the look of it). So there's a mix of name brand components and some of the generic stuff I guess. But thank you very much for your help!