I replaced the charger port on my note 9 and the mic doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Okay to explain my charger port broke on my note 9 and I wanna hold on to this phone because newer phones just aren't worth it. So I got a charger port from ebay which I just installed it and the mic doesn't work during calls and on discord I sound very distanced from the mic. I got new back glass too but I ended breaking my old one and new one prying off the back glass sadly when I realized something wasn't right. I did test it before putting the back glass on but it didn't help matters when it was reassembled. So I ordered the charger port from Ifix it this time (which prior I didn't know was possible, new back glass with plastic covering the adhesive because the other one didn't have new adhesive just the old that was oddly reusable, and a case both from ebay . Overall tho I'm just curious to why it didn't work and or how I could test the mic to make sure it doesn't work completely because it does charges with the usb c port now.

• 2 weeks later...

So the mic worked before and during the port was broken?

Does it still work or just having more sound problems with it?

Could be the programs that are not doing well with finding it, if you have an voice recorder app (some might come pre-installed) to check it.

I think there was two modes, one for calls mode and one for using the mic as "normal"? If that might be something that causes issues.