IS ZEN+ ok? i wish to use a 3200g or a 3400g, is that ok

Budget (including currency): 600

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: minecraft recording

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): im aiming for recording 1080p 60 fps

Depends on your budget and what you want to do. I would personally go for a Zen 2 APU at least like a 4650G if you plan to install a powerful gpu like a 3060/3070 in at a later date.

1 minute ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Depends on your budget and what you want to do. I would personally go for a Zen 2 APU at least like a 4650G if you plan to install a powerful gpu like a 3060/3070 in at a later date.

you cant offically get those though....

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

if OP is lucky to find one it's good performance

but @joeyhamster the mere Ryzen 3 2200G delivers a satisfactory gaming experience in my opinion, depending on your performance aspirations the 3400G would probably be quite alright

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

you cant offically get those though....

Yeah, but at least in the UK you can buy them from HK or China but it takes a few weeks to arrive, oh and for some reason they won't ship to most countries, that kind of applies for all listings for the 4650g I could find in the UK. Also forgot to mention the price, 229£ or about 320$

image.thumb.png.6721fe5c7d3fbb301a4e2d524017ce95.png

image.thumb.png.667b08cdcdfb89819ff214e219223b41.png

3400g is a good processor. Low power, can do some gaming on it... Zen+ has good IPC. 

Actually any Ryzen in your price range should be considered "good". It's better than that old 478 rig you're rocking now.

Get something like a 11600K. The integrated Xe graphics are almost as good as the Vega on the 3000 series APUs, but the CPU performance will be vastly better. If AMD actually made modern APUs available to consumers, it might be a different story, but it's not worth trying to buy from some Chinese vendor to get these OEM only parts.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

3400g and 3200g have generally  been very inflated in price (atleast in america) The 3400g should not cose much more than 100 pounds in normal times. Only ryzen APU i could reccomend is 4650g but they dont officially sell those.

Otherwise, just go intel

11 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

cant find one, i can find one on amazon, but i preffereably want one from an irl shop. (i live in nc so micro center isnt an option)

11 hours ago, joeyhamster said:

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

There's a reason we have a template showing up when you create a thread in this section, I strongly suggest that you edit you post to fill it out as it will avoid members asking questions that should've already been answered if this was filled out.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

11 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

if OP is lucky to find one it's good performance

but @joeyhamster the mere Ryzen 3 2200G delivers a satisfactory gaming experience in my opinion, depending on your performance aspirations the 3400G would probably be quite alright

is the 3200g a better option compared to the 2200g? im aiming for something at least 4x better compared to my i3 5015u and intel(r) hd 5500

3 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

There's a reason we have a template showing up when you create a thread in this section, I strongly suggest that you edit you post to fill it out as it will avoid members asking questions that should've already been answered if this was filled out.

tysm for letting me know, fixed it!

5 minutes ago, joeyhamster said:

is the 3200g a better option compared to the 2200g? im aiming for something at least 4x better compared to my i3 5015u and intel(r) hd 5500

It depends on the price. If you are spending a lot more  on the 3200 g it's really not worth it, because the 2200g will already be a big improvement. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad