Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question on Ryzen 3400G and Ram speeds

I saw on AMD's page that the 3400G has a "System Memory Specification: Up to 2933MHz". Is that the maximum supported RAM speed that I can install? Or would it still be useful to use something like 3600 or 4000mhz RAM?

As everyone else trying to buy a graphics card, I have actualy considered to buy an APU in the meantime. Only problem being I can't get one either HAHAHAHA LOLOLOL SO FUNNY AM I RIGHT 🤣

4 minutes ago, TR27 said:

I saw on AMD's page that the 3400G has a "System Memory Specification: Up to 2933MHz". Is that the maximum supported RAM speed that I can install? Or would it still be useful to use something like 3600 or 4000mhz RAM?

As everyone else trying to buy a graphics card, I have actualy considered to buy an APU in the meantime. Only problem being I can't get one either HAHAHAHA LOLOLOL SO FUNNY AM I RIGHT 🤣

On my 3200g 3200mhz seems to work just fine

That spec is without xmp. Xmp is a “overclock” and thus is not officially supported. 
though don’t get 4000mhz. 3200mhz i believe gets you a -

1:1 infinity fabric 

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

That spec is without xmp. Xmp is a “overclock” and thus is not officially supported. 
though don’t get 4000mhz. 3200mhz i believe gets you a -

1:1 infinity fabric 

Ooh so is that good because I was to cheep to get 3600mhz