Windows 10 installation not detected in bios

Hello everyone, i recently helped a friend of mine build her first pc. After putting everything together and testing it we went to install windows 10. After installing the pc boots to the bios and on the boot section of the bios there's no boot option for the ssd. The ssd is recognised by the bios but no boot option. What might it be?

Because of covid she is doing everything on her own but this sunday i'm going to her house to see for myself and try to do something.

If you guys have any sugestion we really would appreciate.

Thanks for the help.

Is the SSD brand new? Or was it retrieved from a previous rig?

If it's a used SSD, you might be experiencing the same issue as me.

Best,

-a-

well its a brand new oneish. She bought it some time ago to put it in her laptop and we procedded to install windows on it but to it had the same problem. At that time i thought that i mighty be a bios problem but now we think that there might be a problem with the ssd

Are you using one SSD? 

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

13 minutes ago, NunoBifinhos said:

well its a brand new oneish. She bought it some time ago to put it in her laptop and we procedded to install windows on it but to it had the same problem. At that time i thought that i mighty be a bios problem but now we think that there might be a problem with the ssd

When you guys initially bought the drive, did you format it first?

Just now, synthaxe404 said:

When you guys initially bought the drive, did you format it first?

Well i dont remember but i think we did

Just now, NunoBifinhos said:

Well i dont remember but i think we did

After re-reading your original post, I believe you did, or atleast the windows installer did because you mentioned the installation completed right? So the bios can detect the hardware but can't see a boot option on there. Could be an MBR problem or have you checked the boot method you are using? If it's set to UEFI or Legacy? 

Well ... if i were you i would bring a Windows bootable USB and a condom. Just in case.

JP