Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

is the thermaltake smart rgb pro 750watt 80+bronze. is it good for a ryzen 5 3600 and a rtx 3060ti

Do you mean Smart Pro RGB model?  If so, it’s Tier C on the PSU tier list.  Considering the price for those Thermaltake PSUs, I’d get something from tier A for your components for the same amount.

i was looking for 700 watt or higher to have some leeway and if i ever wanted to upgrade. what would you recommend.

It’s a tough budget for Tier A PSUs of higher wattage.  There is this:

https://www.newegg.com/p/1HU-0042-00174?Description=Enermax revolution d.f. 750&cm_re=Enermax_revolution d.f. 750-_-9SIAFH7DCH8796-_-Product&quicklink=true

Refurbished directly from manufacturer, listed with 5-year warranty.

This is the same PSU platform under the hood as MSI MPG, just different fan, fan controller, and branding.  Still tier A.

(if you buy that, screenshot and print out the listing to have the 5-year warranty in the title for proof later, just in case.  It’s listed with 3 month warranty for refurb elsewhere.)

Are evga bq and br psu's good for the ryzen 5 3600 and the rtx 3060ti. Specifically the evga bq 700 watt 80+ bronze

Not really, it’s Tier C, just look at the tier list yourself, it’s pinned at the top of this forum:

Budget (including currency): 1330 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mainly gaming like fortnite minecraft and forza horizon 4

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

also add 400 for the gpu and i would like a mechanical keyboard a mouse and a 7.1 wireless headset

11400 is a better option for gaming as its cheaper and will perform faster than the 3500. The ssd seems a bit overpriced. Everything else is fine. Adjustments made here - 

They can last 10 years or die quickly as any regular new PSU can, it’s just a warranty for RMA service that’s listed as 5 years.  Usually refurbished is as good for usage as new, but might have scuffs and slight signs of use as customer regret returns, or some minor issues that were fixed and then the units relisted as refurbs.  Manufacturer-refurbushed units are supposed to have been tested by manufacturer to perform correctly as new.  Refurbs normally have short warranties and come in simple boxes, since you pay less upfront for the product.  If you buy it, document the 5-year listing, in case they later tell you it’s shorter warranty.

is a aio nessacary?

also will a micro atx motherboard fit in a mid tower atx case

39 minutes ago, SageMeerkat8109 said:

is a aio nessacary?

also will a micro atx motherboard fit in a mid tower atx case

The CPU Cooler linked is not an AIO. Yes, the mATX board will fit in a mid tower just fine.

1 hour ago, SageMeerkat8109 said:

I meant is it nessacary for the 11400f

No no it is not

11400f will run very cool since it's limited to 65W with the default power limit.  Only if you increase the power limit will you run into heat issues.  I would personally raise it to something like 100W at least, which will still give you a performance boost but not much heat.  Hopefully you already have that graphics card, as finding it at $400 is near-impossible nowadays.

17 hours ago, Quartz11 said:

11400f will run very cool since it's limited to 65W with the default power limit.  Only if you increase the power limit will you run into heat issues.  I would personally raise it to something like 100W at least, which will still give you a performance boost but not much heat.  Hopefully you already have that graphics card, as finding it at $400 is near-impossible nowadays.

it is 65 watts while running at its base frequency. if your processor boosts to a higher clock, it will need more wattage

8 minutes ago, FireAbyss111802 said:

it is 65 watts while running at its base frequency. if your processor boosts to a higher clock, it will need more wattage

I'm talking about the default power limit setting it the BIOS: it's 65W "out of the box".  You can increase that power limit to a desired value in the BIOS to avoid throttling.

"All modern Intel CPUs have Turbo Boost 2.0, which lets the CPU exceed its power limit for a few seconds while there is still power budget left—the goal is to average 65 W, not stay below 65 W at all times. "

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i5-11400f/

I need a psu for a rtx 3060 and intel 11400f. I am looking for a psu that is 650-750 watts and is on the tier a list or tier b list. does anyone have any recommendation?