Building a New PC want a 3070/3080 but way to overprice here

Budget (including currency): $3000nzd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: FPS games and mmorpg 2 monitor 1080 1 for gaming one for just watching youtube on the background

Other details: Website https://www.pbtech.co.nz/

Any Changes ?

enough.png

You don't need a 3070/3080 for 1080p. To save money, go 3060ti or you can go 1440p or 4k. Also, for ease of use please use PCPartPicker https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/

One more thing. Do you plan to overclock?

hi

Crap tier PSU and scalped GPU. If you really need the PC now, then go on, but imo its not good value at all right now and you should wait. I would go and swap to a 750W unit from Corsair RM/CX/TX series, Enermax Revolution D.F series, or Super Flower Leadex Gold series.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

You’ll want to grab fans for under your GPU. This will help get your GPU fresh air flow. If you’re using a 2 slot card you can use two 120x25mm fans and if you’re using a card up that is 3 slots thick you’ll want 120x15mm fans. 

26 minutes ago, imide said:

You don't need a 3070/3080 for 1080p. To save money, go 3060ti or you can go 1440p or 4k. Also, for ease of use please use PCPartPicker https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/

One more thing. Do you plan to overclock?

The 3060ti here is over 1799nzd  also thanks i will try the pcpartpicker

1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

Crap tier PSU and scalped GPU. If you really need the PC now, then go on, but imo its not good value at all right now and you should wait. I would go and swap to a 750W unit from Corsair RM/CX/TX series, Enermax Revolution D.F series, or Super Flower Leadex Gold series.

It’s ITX case that requires mods for ATX PSUs with long GPUs. Best bet would probably be the Corsair SF600 or sf750

8 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

You’ll want to grab fans for under your GPU. This will help get your GPU fresh air flow. If you’re using a 2 slot card you can use two 120x25mm fans and if you’re using a card up that is 3 slots thick you’ll want 120x15mm fans. 

Yeah planning on getting 2 fans also thinking on change cpu and mother board to 11400f and asrock 570m

1 minute ago, Sorenson said:

It’s ITX case that requires mods for ATX PSUs with long GPUs. Best bet would probably be the Corsair SF600 or sf750

Oh shoot yeah, i forgot. Just reflectively said that.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Getting a GPU right now is not the best option imo, hell, building a whole new rig right now is not a good idea tbh. I think even RAM prices increased a little bit over the past few months. 

1 hour ago, kjrojo420 said:

Yeah planning on getting 2 fans also thinking on change cpu and mother board to 11400f and asrock 570m

That's a solid choice to stretch your budget. What CPU cooler are you going to use? I would reccomend the Scythe Fuma 2/hyper 212 black if you don't want the side panel bracket. 

1 hour ago, Sorenson said:

That's a solid choice to stretch your budget. What CPU cooler are you going to use? I would reccomend the Scythe Fuma 2/hyper 212 black if you don't want the side panel bracket. 

i think we don't have it here but, planning on getting noctua 12u

4 hours ago, kjrojo420 said:

i think we don't have it here but, planning on getting noctua 12u

That’s another good option. The noctua c14s also cools really well for small cases.