Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Remapping a key in Windows 10, are you kidding MS.

Go to solution Solved by Edward78,

Powertoys did it.

Anyway a google search I got, there is no built in way, a third party app is needed, really MS. Anyway I found https://github.com/randyrants/sharpkeys/releases that is a bit confusing.  Any better way?

MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC, AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) CL16 Desktop Memory Module Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Graphics Card .

Did you try the Microsoft mouse and keyboard center? 

17 minutes ago, Heliian said:

Did you try the Microsoft mouse and keyboard center? 

Says no supported devices.

MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC, AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) CL16 Desktop Memory Module Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Graphics Card .

2 hours ago, Edward78 said:

Says no supported devices.

Ya, it looks like they're leaving it up to the individual apps to do their own remapping or you can buy a Microsoft kbm, but no one wants to do that.  

I haven't tried sharpkeys as the apps I use have their own custom setup but they popped up in google so maybe worth a try. 

Powertoys did it.

On 5/6/2021 at 12:28 AM, Edward78 said:

Powertoys did it.

Yup, Microsoft PowerToys is what you need.

On 5/5/2021 at 11:28 PM, Edward78 said:

Powertoys did it.

PowerToys is trhe best...

image.thumb.png.af5eeac71d6ed55f7ecf6bde2701fbbe.png

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My phones are a Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

🇺🇸   About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46   🇺🇸

CHRISTIAN MEMBER