Ready to move on from NiceHash any recomendations?

Hi, I watched linus's video a month or so ago and been using Nicehash to mine on my 2080 super and already mined over 100 euro's. I know NiceHash is kind of a beginner mining tool and was looking into a more "official" tool because I'm kind of hooked now. What do you guy's use to mine?

PhoenixMiner to mine ETH on the Binance pool. Also used Trex miner gone now apparently, and the Ethermine pool. Mining RVN is also an option, whichever tickles your fancy.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

28 minutes ago, tikker said:

PhoenixMiner to mine ETH on the Binance pool. Also used Trex miner and the Ethermine pool. Mining RVN is also an option, whichever tickles your fancy.

Trex miner had its GitHub suspended. It’s page just doesn’t exist any more

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

55 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Trex miner had its GitHub suspended. It’s page just doesn’t exist any more

Oh didn't realise that. I've been using Phoenix for a while now. I wonder what happened.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Just now, tikker said:

Oh didn't realise that. I've been using Phoenix for a while now. I wonder what happened.

I don’t know. 
I leaned about it from nicehash.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

-> Moved to Folding@home, Boinc, and Coin Mining

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

since you have a Nvidia card use phoenix miner or trex.

for what pool to use either ethermine.org or 2miners.com

for what to mine dealers choice, i am currently mining Raven and ETH on 2 separate rigs.

check out coinwarz or whattomine for estimated profits, but I've found coinwarz more accurate other people say the opposite

also if you do 2miners pool your speeds will show up in about 1 min and it updates every time you find a share so after about 3-4 hours you can see your average vs ethermine it updates about every 15 min and takes about 24 hr to get a solid accurate average.

since you will be mining to a pool you'll need a wallet to mine to, for ETH i love metamask and for RVN i just use ravencoin core since i have the spare HDDD space.

On 5/6/2021 at 9:41 AM, airborne spoon said:

since you have a Nvidia card use phoenix miner or trex.

for what pool to use either ethermine.org or 2miners.com

for what to mine dealers choice, i am currently mining Raven and ETH on 2 separate rigs.

How frequent are the payouts from Ethermine if mining with a single RTX 3080?

I'm not sure I understand how their payout system works. Looking at their credits page, ETH accounts with a hashrate comparable to an RTX 3080 are set for a reward in 8 months, while accounts with slower hashrates are even worse off.

https://ethpool.org/credits

But maybe that credits thing has nothing to do with regular payouts. But I didn't find clearer information about their payout rate on their site.

2miners has a 0.05 ETH payout threshold, which currently will take probably a month at least to reach on a single RTX 3080. That is just way too long to be waiting for a payout. A month ago, it was taking maybe 6 days for a payout. I'd like a pool without payouts periods that are still reasonable for single-GPU miners.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

8 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

How frequent are the payouts from Ethermine if mining with a single RTX 3080?

Depends on how much you earn. Their schedule is

• Every second weekend for balance > 0.01 ETH
  • Every 7 days for balance > 0.05 ETH
  • Shortly after reaching the threshold for > 0.1 ETH (or your set threshold)

Everything is on their schedule, not when you start mining, so it can take a little bit longer than 14 days for example.

8 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

I'd like a pool without payouts periods that are still reasonable for single-GPU miners.

This is why I moved to Binance honestly. I get paid out every day regardless and it's on the exchange so I can trade it immediately should I want. The downside is of course the fees getting it out of there.

1 hour ago, tikker said:

Depends on how much you earn. The site is down it seems, but from the top of my head their processing schedule is

• Every 14 days for balances <0.01 ETH
  • Every 7 days for 0.01 ETH < balance < 0.1 ETH
  • Every day for > 0.1 ETH (or maybe even as soon as you hit this, I forget, plus you can set your own threshold as well)

Everything is on their schedule, not when you start mining, so it can take a little bit longer than 14 days for example.

This is why I moved to Binance honestly. I get paid out every day regardless and it's on the exchange so I can trade it immediately should I want. The downside is of course the fees getting it out of there.

It sounds like I should switch to Binance's pool, then. Thanks for the info.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

4 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

It sounds like I should switch to Binance's pool, then. Thanks for the info.

Note that I messed up the schedule of Ethermine from memory, I've edited my post.

And as I don't think it's possible to mine to an external wallet there, it'll pay out to your exchange wallet, but I also rather not have my ETH "stuck" in limbo at the rate I'm mining. Finally beware of BinanceUS (if you're in the US). They seem more difficult to deal with than Binance for the rest of the world.