What keyboard are you guys using that you would highly recommend?

KazooKiddo

I am currently planning my new build and I am getting a keyboard and mouse. What is a keyboard you use that you would recommend to me. Thanks!

Focus FK-9000

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, KazooKiddo said:

What is a keyboard you use

My daily driver right now is a G710+ with an o-ring delete (here comes the other angry G710+ user). But if you want a good starter pokemon in mechanical keyboards, have a look at a cheaper board like Corsair K63, Redragon, Magicforce, or hell, even used mechanical keyboard that isnt gunked up to hell and back. But imo, dont splurge on keyboard if you can only afford one good peripherals, the general order (from highest priority) is Monitor, Mouse, Headphones, Keyboard.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Do you have any preferences regarding your keyboard? Do you want clicky, quiet but tactile, linear (near or completely smooth), full-size (standard keyboard layout), tenkeyless (without numpad), etc.

I'm into and use lots of vintage clicky keyboards (such as IBM Model Fs and Model Ms), which I completely rate as crisp, loud and tactile keyboards, but the vintage aesthetic isn't for everyone.

Shark lover, Software dev + research student, game dev, web dev, curator of IBMium keyboards and ThinkPads, r/ModelM mod.

My PC: Ryzen 9 5950X, MSI B450-A PRO MAX, 32GB (4x8) DDR4-3000, RTX 4080, Corsair 5000X, 500GB NVMe for boot & IDEs + 1x120GB SSD for repos + 1TB 7200RPM for games library, Corsair RM850e, Windows 11 Pro + Arch Linux.

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Focus FK-9000

I found a very good deal to get a amazon renewed huntsman elite for 90 should I get it?

Just now, SharktasticA said:

Do you have any preferences regarding your keyboard? Do you want clicky, quiet but tactile, linear (near or completely smooth), full-size (standard keyboard layout), tenkeyless (without numpad), etc.

I like click and loud and i have no preference for size I was thinking about getting the huntsman elite renewed

I'm currently using a G915 TKL Tactile. It's very comfortable to use and looks nice because of the low profile. Battery life is also awesome. Only downside is the high cost.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, KazooKiddo said:

I found a very good deal to get a amazon renewed huntsman elite for 90 should I get it?

If you insist on a prebuilt gaming board, yes. Just be aware that the actuation point is very high in the key travel, and combined with the super light switch weight, it is easy to accidentally press keys.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

If you insist on a prebuilt gaming board, yes. Just be aware that the actuation point is very high in the key travel, and combined with the super light switch weight, it is easy to accidentally press keys.

You can build a keyboard?

Honestly I'm still running my Red Dragon K552. It's a budget board yes but it gets the job done. Nothing special either, no hotswap or detachable USB-C cable, and sub par keycaps. Paired with blue switches its quite loud and I'll be doing a custom build with an NK65 + KS-3 Yellows and 205g0 lubed switches. Check out the GK61/RK61/MZ60 for 50-70 USD boards that are hot swappable, watch out on the GK61. WIth opticals you can only hot swap with other gateron opticals, so no fancy banana splits or khale box jades. As for the 3pin you got pretty much everything EXCEPT opticals (they suck anyways)

8 minutes ago, KazooKiddo said:

You can build a keyboard?

Yes, but it's a bottomless pit of a hobby that will destroy your bank account if you get into it lol.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

Other projects I am working on 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

7 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Only on the linear (red) ones. The clicky (purple) ones aren't nearly as sensitive. Razer has released a second gen of their linear optical switches (with lower actuation and lubed stabilizers) but for whatever reason they are only available with their Huntsman MIni.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |