Laptop to Desktop. Easy Conversion?

CarLad

Budget (including currency): 2000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming and AutoDesk products

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I was wondering if it was possible to covert an Alienware 17 R4 to be a desktop. Why you may ask. Because my laptop desperately needs more cooling and battery life is now almost none existent. Also have a MacBook Pro that takes care of basically everyday life.  It has an Intel i7 processor. Runs windows 10. Has 32 GB of Ram and  238 Gb on C Drive and 931 GB on the D drive. If I can remember it has a 1070 or 1060 graphics card. Is this possible? Plus makes more space to have as a desktop than laptop.

Not sure what you mean by convert.

There are notebook cooling pads which may take care of the cooling issues. I've added a wireless mouse and keyboard to my desk bound notebook and an external monitor. I also added a 1TB ssd.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I mean, converting a laptop to a desktop is easy. You just take out the guts, fashion a case to hold them and hook everything back up. The case itself will have to be DIY, but it's hard conceptually.

Have you ever opened up the laptop and cleaned it out? A good clean & repaste will solve just about any overheating problem for a laptop, assuming the laptop shipped with proper cooling and not a single heatpipe for the CPU and GPU to share.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.