i511400F or i511600KF

Hello, Im currently deciding on a cpu for my build. I know both don't have integrated graphics and I prefer it that way since I'm waiting on a GPU. Just need help deciding if the $50 difference for the 'KF" is worth it. might be helpful to note that I don't plan on overclocking, just raw performance to price.

20 minutes ago, Adriel_A. said:

Hello, Im currently deciding on a cpu for my build. I know both don't have integrated graphics and I prefer it that way since I'm waiting on a GPU. Just need help deciding if the $50 difference for the 'KF" is worth it. might be helpful to note that I don't plan on overclocking, just raw performance to price.

The 11400 isn’t much slower than the 11600 in most scenarios. In games its around 4% worse.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

@Adriel_A. If you do not intend to overclock or adjust the turbo power limits then you should go with the 11600KF. It has a 125W TDP rating. When fully loaded, it will run much faster compared to the 11400F which only has a 65W TDP limit. Less power consumption equals a lot less performance when fully loaded.

Run something like Cinebench R23 for 10 minutes and the 11400F performance will tank. Benchmarks that only last for a minute or so might be competitive. Beyond that, when the turbo time limit runs out and the CPU switches from PL2 to PL1, there will be a big difference.