Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Slow ethernet speeds on new internet

Go to solution Solved by phongle123,

One of these fixed the problem since I did them both and it started working:

1) Uninstalled ethernet and refreshed through Device Manager and restart computer.

2) Restarted router through the ATT App. I unplugged and re-plugged the router multiple times while trying to figure out the problem and it still had this problem.

Hi, just upgraded to the 1Gbps internet plan. My PC is pretty far from my router so I only get 150mb/s. I ran an ethernet cable over to my PC hoping to achieve 1Gbps. However, I am only getting 180Mb DOWN and 7Mb UP.

I have:

1. Disabled Wi-Fi

2. Tried multiple ethernet ports on the router including the one that says 1gbps.

What could be the problem?

4 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

What could be the problem?

1. Who is your ISP?
  2. What is the make/model of your router and/or gateway?
  3. What kind of ethernet cables are you using between the computer and the router?
  4. Are you plugging into any other device between the computer and the router? E.g. powerline adapter, range extender, wireless bridge?
  5. What is the negotiated link speed at the PC’s NIC?
9 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:
  1. Who is your ISP?
  2. What is the make/model of your router and/or gateway?
  3. What kind of ethernet cables are you using between the computer and the router?
  4. Are you plugging into any other device between the computer and the router? E.g. powerline adapter, range extender, wireless bridge?
  5. What is the negotiated link speed at the PC’s NIC?

ATT

ATT supplied and also TP-Link Archer C5400. Both provide the same result.

CAT6

100 or 200 Foot cable directly from router to PC. I should mention that I used this same cable before on my old internet provider and received 1gbps LAN transfers. So cable is working.

1.0gbps

One of these fixed the problem since I did them both and it started working:

1) Uninstalled ethernet and refreshed through Device Manager and restart computer.

2) Restarted router through the ATT App. I unplugged and re-plugged the router multiple times while trying to figure out the problem and it still had this problem.