Corsair QL120 Fan Problem

jmoreira

Hello, today i install 4x QL120 fans, 3 comes with hub pack and i bougth one aside. The question is this last one are only rgb in the middle ring. I attach a photo to be more clear. Btw isn´t turned off on icue the ligths of that big ring. Hope u can help me with this one. Cheers.

IMG_20210504_205518.jpg

Sem Título.png

Doesn't really help that your iCUE software looks way different to mine and that it is in Portuguese, but I am guessing you simply have the outer ring selected to be lit up and inner one not. For me, I have to use mouse and drag a box over the LEDs I wish to control.

After some more research, I found this post on the Corsair forum: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Honestly, I
was doing some research on the Corsair RGB fans myself lately and it's just stupid how complicated they are. Million products, that seemingly do the same thing, but then aren't compatible with each other, etc. Just frustrating.

Try switching the fan connections on the hub (NB! turn system off before you do it!). If same fan is still faulty, I'd guess the fan is faulty. If now the other fan is not lighting up - it could be the RGB controller. Also make sure you plugged fans in order (1, 2, 3, 4...).

Edited by Just that Mario
Adding additional inforation

14 hours ago, Just that Mario said:

Doesn't really help that your iCUE software looks way different to mine and that it is in Portuguese, but I am guessing you simply have the outer ring selected to be lit up and inner one not. For me, I have to use mouse and drag a box over the LEDs I wish to control.

Already tried, doesn't do anything in the outer ring.

14 hours ago, Just that Mario said:

Try switching the fan connections on the hub (NB! turn system off before you do it!). If same fan is still faulty, I'd guess the fan is faulty. If now the other fan is not lighting up - it could be the RGB controller. Also make sure you plugged fans in order (1, 2, 3, 4...).

I also tried this, it's weird because i put the broken fan in the 1st and the rest in the sequence. Only the 1st port works, that's weird, and still the outer ring doesnt function.

I'm waiting for answer of the supplier.