Bypassing allocation for games on Steam(Hard drive)

So first I'd like to say I posted this for people who are having trouble with long allocation times for games on steams. For me that is a HUGE problem as I already have slow internet and having steam check for space on my hard drive just to download a game is quite annoying, especially since it takes hours to finish.

[NOTE: The first time I did this was with a PS3 SS hard drive of 500 Gb(It is connected via sata), before I reformatted with with windows I used a program called EASE US Partition Master I'm not sure if you have to do it with this app or if that affected this process) I did this, so windows and file explorer could recognize the drive. When I initially did it with that program steam would still allocate the games I eventually gave up. But recently I needed more space for games so I decided to give it another try and this is what I did.]

1. You will have to go to windows search bar and look for Create and format hard disk partitions and open it up. I do this by just typing partition and it pops up

2. Go ahead and right click on your drive that you are using for this

3. Go ahead and delete the volume (this will delete everything on that hard drive)

4. Click on new simple volume

5. From there click next on the setup wizard screen and the volume size screen without changing anything

6. Assign a drive letter

7. When you get to the format partition screen  put these settings

"File System" click on NTFS

" Allocation Size Unit" click default

"Volume Label" you can name this whatever you want

8. Click on perform a quick format then press next and then press finish on the next screen 

partition.png

Desktop Screenshot 2021.05.03 - 16.54.00.78.png

Desktop Screenshot 2021.05.03 - 16.54.03.75.png

Desktop Screenshot 2021.05.03 - 16.54.12.99.png

Desktop Screenshot 2021.05.03 - 17.00.51.79.png

Desktop Screenshot 2021.05.03 - 17.00.55.95.png