Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chia (XCH) Discussion Thread

I keep moving plots around, connecting and disconnecting drives, reaching some plots through the network etc, no problem and I haven't typed a single command line? Must have done something wrong with your wallet.

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX3080, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

GPD Win 2

7 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

I keep moving plots around, connecting and disconnecting drives, reaching some plots through the network etc, no problem and I haven't typed a single command line? Must have done something wrong with your wallet.

The power went out. I made no changes.  10tb plotted and now I can’t sync any of it. 🔨🔨🔨
I am going to try upgrading to 1.1.2 and see what happens. 

Also I am now thinking it’s my network. It’s huge with 3 routers. I also see you can’t run two machines on the same network without some porting workaround so that may have also caused an issue. It just so new and the GUI is not great.  Then there is the fact I am better with tools than keyboards lol. In reality I don’t know crap about networks, how to set them up, how that will interact with chia.....  going to be a long road for me haha

22 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

i mean, posting two random posts with just complaints isn't helping the situation.

i've had my system rebooted, power lost and just unplugged from the wall a couple times, and the only plots i lost where the ones that where still plottng. all my farming plots are intact.

seems like you just got unlucky somehow here man.

Just really frustrated. Many are having this issue and no one has a handle on why this is happening or how to fix it. Syncing issues are a problem.  It seems to be a porting issue but why a power outage would mess it up is a mystery. It may just be quicker for me to start over and put the full system power into plotting to catch up instead of it running them in the background. 
I also can not get my second machine to connect on the same network as the other one and still can’t understand the instructions on how to get this fixed. 

If I get it figured out and understand how I fixed it I will put together a thread on it. But usually I fix stuff like this and have no idea how I did it lol. 

1 hour ago, Hill160881 said:

The power went out. I made no changes.  10tb plotted and now I can’t sync any of it. 🔨🔨🔨
I am going to try upgrading to 1.1.2 and see what happens. 

Also I am now thinking it’s my network. It’s huge with 3 routers. I also see you can’t run two machines on the same network without some porting workaround so that may have also caused an issue. It just so new and the GUI is not great.  Then there is the fact I am better with tools than keyboards lol. In reality I don’t know crap about networks, how to set them up, how that will interact with chia.....  going to be a long road for me haha

So you're having issues syncing? That's more of a network issue than a plotting instability issue. There are plenty of resources that tell you how to manually sync it. Once you do that it should be perfectly fine. 

York: Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, Zotac GTX 550 Ti AMP! 1GB, 250GB Samsung 870 EVO, Windows 7 Professional

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, XFX Radeon RX 570 4GB, 1TB WD Blue SN550, 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Bondi: Apple iMac G3 (Tray Loader, Revision A), PowerPC 750, 384MB PC-66, ATI Rage IIc 2MB, 4GB Quantum Fireball, Mac OS 9.2.2

It's not clear whether his issue is syncing to the network (as the name would suggest) or the plots not being recognised anymore by the app for farming (what seemed to be from the explanation)...

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX3080, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

So somehow my TCP was closed when the power was tripped. I had to go and open the tcp in network settings like when I set it up initially. No clue why this happened.

Completely out of my depth but it was a network setting in windows that changed.  

Why cant these things be fixed with a wrench instead? Much easier. 

Grr lost 3 plots at 40%, PC froze when opening HwInfo to check SSD temps 😞

F@H

GPD Win 2

4 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Grr lost 3 plots at 40%, PC froze when opening HwInfo to check SSD temps 😞

So far I haven't lost any, but I have a few that are stuck in the void somewhere. I accidentally started two plots on the same 256GB SSD and it filled up. I had to erase the drive to free it up, and since then those two plots have still been making slow progress somewhere. 

York: Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, Zotac GTX 550 Ti AMP! 1GB, 250GB Samsung 870 EVO, Windows 7 Professional

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, XFX Radeon RX 570 4GB, 1TB WD Blue SN550, 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Bondi: Apple iMac G3 (Tray Loader, Revision A), PowerPC 750, 384MB PC-66, ATI Rage IIc 2MB, 4GB Quantum Fireball, Mac OS 9.2.2

21 minutes ago, Hill160881 said:

So somehow my TCP was closed when the power was tripped. I had to go and open the tcp in network settings like when I set it up initially. No clue why this happened.

Completely out of my depth but it was a network setting in windows that changed.  

Why cant these things be fixed with a wrench instead? Much easier. 

i mean, if it's getting to your nerves there's always the percussive option:

71tTWyypTKL._AC_SX679_.jpg.bf8a19fbc8418d6125588e769b1878c1.jpg

-Phoenix-

BlackMac Woody Clack Virtuality Lil'Lad Plot-Device

all your proteins are belong to us.

Had to disable upnp to get two machines going on the same network. Does this make sense to anyone here?  I let my brother take over at that point to avoid the hammer solution. 

4 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

i mean, if it's getting to your nerves there's always the percussive option:

71tTWyypTKL._AC_SX679_.jpg.bf8a19fbc8418d6125588e769b1878c1.jpg

Was considering this after three days of no success. I still have hair so just in time. 

21 minutes ago, Hill160881 said:

Had to disable upnp to get two machines going on the same network. Does this make sense to anyone here?  

Yeah i've been there. When i started farming Chia it was on a single server in my setup, then i added a big storage server, and when that got too small i swapped the whole setup out for a dedicated plotting machine and a JBOD with 14TB disks.

every time i swapped machines getting the plots over has been a fight.

-Phoenix-

BlackMac Woody Clack Virtuality Lil'Lad Plot-Device

all your proteins are belong to us.