Ahh yes makes sense (Rediculous GPU usage)

IsmetGS

Yes Witcher 3 at 0% usage with 10fps

Deskstop manager 45%. Makes sense...

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

GPU: RTX 3080

CPU 5800x

Ram: 32GB Gkillz Trident Z 3600mhz

image.png.4e4b1e8bc1ae84feae6f01908e79f236.png

Yes I do! Sometimes games won't show up in the gpu usage part in task manager it will come up in desktop window manager (DWM). DWM is responsible for graphical processing. But if you have wallpaper engine or lively wallpapers I would recommend pausing it while you run games that might help to.  

7 minutes ago, IsmetGS said:

Yes Witcher 3 at 0% usage with 10fps

Deskstop manager 45%. Makes sense...

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

GPU: RTX 3080

CPU 5800x

Ram: 32GB Gkillz Trident Z 3600mhz

image.png.4e4b1e8bc1ae84feae6f01908e79f236.png

How do other games behave? Do other games work with proper GPU usage? Also - I heard that the newest Windows 10 update causes major GPU usage and FPS issues, especially with high end GPUs, such as yours. Maybe try to update your drivers and look up which Windows version you have and which one causes issues. Sorry I don't know which Windows version exactly causes the problems.

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

19 minutes ago, JohanKjeldahl7 said:

How do other games behave? Do other games work with proper GPU usage? Also - I heard that the newest Windows 10 update causes major GPU usage and FPS issues, especially with high end GPUs, such as yours. Maybe try to update your drivers and look up which Windows version you have and which one causes issues. Sorry I don't know which Windows version exactly causes the problems.

Happens the same for other games, it doesn't happen all the time, and usually just requires a quick restart but still very annoying. Will have a look into the windows versions, thank you

1 minute ago, IsmetGS said:

Happens the same for other games, it doesn't happen all the time, and usually just requires a quick restart but still very annoying. Will have a look into the windows versions, thank you

Hopefully it was just the Windows update, good luck!

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

• 1 month later...

Im actually going to cry at this point, this issue is still happening and im getting like 15fps in fucking call of duty

Deinstall all the bloatware on your system, especially NZXT crap cam.

Also since youre not giving us a lot of info, have you tried reinstalling windows, updated bios and chipset drivers?

I would recommend doing that and then install no 3rd party software whatsoever and also leave windows  settings at default for testing at least.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Deinstall all the bloatware on your system, especially NZXT crap cam.

Also since youre not giving us a lot of info, have you tried reinstalling windows, updated bios and chipset drivers?

I would recommend doing that and then install no 3rd party software whatsoever and also leave windows  settings at default for testing at least.

Holy fuck man, so basically I had done everything possible, I was going to reinstall windows tomorrow and then I went into MSI After burner and noticed how for some dumb reason the program had all figures to lowest possible, I have no idea why it was doing this. So basically that was the issue, for some reason msi afterburner, without any interaction was under clocking my gpu by 80% for no reason. 

I was literally about to break down cause I tried everything, spent so much money and time AND even my  ryzen 5800x just got replaced because it had many issues with that also (now fixed thanks to RMA replacement). So yeah sorry for the shit post above, I just felt hopeless hahah. Fixed now, anyone else having the same issue check your OC softwares, it could be acting up!! 

edit: things I had done:

replaced CPU

replaced RAM

DDU’d

Chipset reinstall

Different driver versions

Different BIOS versons

Different Ram slots

Reapplying thermal paste 500 times

Deleting BS softwares

reinstalling games

reinstalling every game related program