Suggestions for gaming/office chair

Louie Friesen

Quick note (for moderators): If this isn't the right part of the forum to ask this question on, please don't ban me, please tell me where to ask this question, as this seemed to be the most appropriate spot to me to post this.

Hi there,

I've been looking for a new chair for my desk (which would be for at home).

I currently have a $200 (CAD) Staples office chair, and would like something better.

I'm looking for something around $300-400 (CAD). I'd prefer an ergo chair or something like that but I'm totally fine with a gaming chair (ideally I'd get something from Mavix or the Herman Miller Embody chair, but those are too expensive). I want something comfortable, reliable, and good quality, and would like suggestions. Preferably it would be something from within Canada, or relatively cheap shipping to Canada.

I'm in no rush for getting one, I'd just like to have one by mid-late July.

16 minutes ago, Louie Friesen said:

I want something comfortable, reliable, and good quality, and would like suggestions. Preferably it would be something from within Canada, or relatively cheap shipping to Canada.

I'd go to a local office liquidator and try out chairs. There is no one size fits all chair when it comes to comfort.

If you want somewhere to start, you'll probably want to try used Herman Miller Aeron or Steelcase Leap chairs. I personally purchased a used Steelcase Leap V2 for $250 from a liquidator, which outshines my old DX Racer in every possible way.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

Don't bother buying a "gaming chair" it's a literal scam. They cost like 5 times the price of an office chair, and are less comfortable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 10:09 AM, DobertRownySr said:

Don't bother buying a "gaming chair" it's a literal scam. They cost like 5 times the price of an office chair, and are less comfortable.

I'm not saying I want a gaming chair. I'd want a chair and I would use it for gaming and doing other stuff on my computer. I'm saying I'd be fine if it is a gaming chair or looks like one.