Should I use Airpods for gaming on pc?

KazooKiddo
Go to solution Solved by WaggishOhio383,
1 minute ago, KazooKiddo said:

Minecraft, Flight Sim, Doom Eternal, Apex Legends, maybe Valorant

For Minecraft and Flight Sim the Airpods will definitely be fine. For Apex, you'd have to decide if you think the slightly longer delay in sound is affecting your reaction times. You'd probably be fine, but if you really care about that competitive edge then wired headphones would be better.

I don't know much about Doom Eternal, so I don't know how important sound is in that game.

Besides having a small amount of blue-tooth lag and a Bluetooth adapter required to use them (If your PC doesn't already have one)

I don't see why not.

If you feel comfortable with them sure.

(I would recommend an external mic for this but its up to you.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

What kinds of games are you playing? Any time you use Bluetooth headphones there's going to be more latency compared to wired. It's just a question of whether you will notice it and whether it will actually affect your gameplay.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

3 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

What kinds of games are you playing? Any time you use Bluetooth headphones there's going to be more latency compared to wired. It's just a question of whether you will notice it and whether it will actually affect your gameplay.

Minecraft, Flight Sim, Doom Eternal, Apex Legends, maybe Valorant, IDK anything about gaming this is my first time playing a game on good settings.

You definately will have higher immersion playing with a decent headset, which helps concentration. So really it depends on what you're going to play.

If its what you feel comfortable with, fair play to ya. Personally, I would go for wired headphones for less lag, and with a mic for, ya know, mic things.

1 minute ago, KazooKiddo said:

Minecraft, Flight Sim, Doom Eternal, Apex Legends, maybe Valorant

For Minecraft and Flight Sim the Airpods will definitely be fine. For Apex, you'd have to decide if you think the slightly longer delay in sound is affecting your reaction times. You'd probably be fine, but if you really care about that competitive edge then wired headphones would be better.

I don't know much about Doom Eternal, so I don't know how important sound is in that game.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

Bluetooth delay is quite annoying for me, if you can handle it, sure, I dont see why not.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Thanks!

The delay isn't that bad with bluetooth, although in competitive games it does get a little annoying and noticable

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, Downkey said:

The delay isn't that bad with bluetooth, although in competitive games it does get a little annoying and noticable

Thanks!