D5 vs. DDC triggers me!

Hello,

just saw the video of the EKWB rig and it triggers me every time when the LMG people complain about the DDC, EKWB uses a DDC in there pre build because they know it's better!

The D5 has an insane flow rate without restrictions and also on a single loop (One Rad/ One Block) it's on par with the DDC and quieter.

Linus always says the head preasure cancles out as soon as the loop is filled, which is not 100% correct, a block with a jet plate is accually very restrictive on purpose because you want to use the advantage of the preasure drop and therefor you need preasure.

So as soon as you use two blocks in a loop the DDC pumps more water than the D5 on any percentage of speed.

A DDC at 20% is dead silent and not warm at all and in a big loop it has a higher flow rate then a D5 at 20% with about the same power consumption.

Also an original DDC is not going to burn out of fail for no reason.

So in many cases the DDC is better than the D5.

7 minutes ago, Plermpel said:

So in many cases the DDC is better than the D5.

Yes, not in all cases. Linus does use ddc in specific scenarios. 

I'm using a D5 with 2 blocks and 3 rads, it's great, and would be silent if I could run it off my hottest component at any given time, instead of tying it to either CPU OR GPU, but I have to err on the side of caution for now.

No problem here using a Singularity Computers D5 pump/res combo with 3 x-flow radiators, 2 x blocks and a distro plate. Also have an EK D5 pump/res combo and that didn't have an issue when I ran it with 3 radiators, 3 x blocks and a distro plate (now lives on my testbench with an Alphacool Eisblock XPX CPU block and 1 thick radiator). Never run either over 50% PWM cycle which is extremely quiet.

@PAPO1990 - I run my fan curves against the liquid temperature (2 x Commander Pro's each with 10kΩ thermistor temperature probe) rather than an individual component.

9 hours ago, Blai5e said:

I run my fan curves against the liquid temperature (2 x Commander Pro's each with 10kΩ thermistor temperature probe) rather than an individual component.

I'd rather use component temp, the fluid will take longer to heat up, so the fans ramping up would be delayed. Ideally I'd use power draw of each component so I could ramp the fans up BEFORE the temperature rises.

I'm currently using an EK Loop Connect, it's pretty good now (even if it was COMPLETELY broken until only like 2 months ago). I'd be really happy if I could have it follow the temp of whatever is hottest, but in the mean time I manually turn my pump up or switch what it follows depending on what I'm doing... or set it to 100% for Folding@Home when I'm not in the room 😛

I will add a fluid temp sensor once EK releases the one for the Loop Connect, but until then it's not really an issue when my GPU Junction temp (5700XT) stays bellow 50C while I'm folding, and has never cracked 65C in games 😛