Oculus Rift DK2, is it worth purchasing?

binman13

So uhhhh...

With the DK2 locked in for shipping in July, and the consumer version set for somewhere in December or Q1 2015 (according to speculation), is it even worth getting the DK2 devkit when it will only be obsoleted 6 months later?

Thanks

Not unless your a developer.

Thats why its DEV KIT two, not retail.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

if ur a developer yes

if no then wait for CV1 its worth it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Don't support Facebook. Look at alternatives.

Just because it's owned by another company now doesn't mean to go "omg guiz its fb owned now no1 buy it or else u gun be advertised!111!!!".

Look at other acquisitions from other companies. Just because they bought it doesn't mean they are gonna mess it up. It's still an amazing piece of technology for our time.  Would you have bought it if it was still owned by Oculus? 

They'd really lose money if they did anything stupid for their own platform. I'd really doubt then want to take that risk.

Don't support Facebook. Look at alternatives.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

This post was so edgy, I cut myself.

Wth? Don't joke about that.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Wth? Don't joke about that.

Wow. Did you seriously misunderstand the joke that much?

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

Wow. Did you seriously misunderstand the joke that much?

I got it and I am allowed to make the comment I did. I think you are insensitive in making a joke that involved the content you put in it. Have I done off colour jokes myself? Yes and I understand when people call me out on those so whatever.

I got it and I am allowed to make the comment I did. I think you are insensitive in making a joke that involved the content you put in it. Have I done off colour jokes myself? Yes and I understand when people call me out on those so whatever.

First of all, it wasn't me who made the joke. Second, you still haven't even made it clear as to what you think the joke meant, so how am I supposed to think that you were "allowed to make the comment" you did? If your interpretation was that the joke was about self-harm, then I'd say you're being too sensitive. If it wasn't that interpretation, then you're being far too sensitive.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

Oculus Rift DK2 ...

Is it worth purchasing? Well if you still support them after going over to Facebook and want ads all over everything in the future with everything related to VR then yes go buy it.

Yeah I'm not sure you got the joke, it's not "off colour" at all... It was meant in the same way that you might cut yourself accidentally on broken glass or a sharp edge, not self harming.

Yeah I'm not sure you got the joke, it's not "off colour" at all... It was meant in the same way that you might cut yourself accidentally on broken glass or a sharp edge, not self harming.

You can say that you meant it to be a certain way and fine but it sounded like something else to me and others for sure.

... and as for Oculus Rift DK2 it is worth purchasing only if you are a developer who wants to help Facebook spam ads at us using it and want to let Facebook scan our eye movements. Be a part of ruining what Oculus was intended to be at first.

You can say that you meant it to be a certain way and fine but it sounded like something else to me and others for sure.

... and as for Oculus Rift DK2 it is worth purchasing only if you are a developer who wants to help Facebook spam ads at us using it and want to let Facebook scan our eye movements. Be a part of ruining what Oculus was intended to be at first.

His joke was not off colour at all, and I have no idea how you interpreted it the way you did but that's not his problem... Your as sensitive as a liberal or a femenist... The forum doesn't need this bitching

His joke was not off colour at all, and I have no idea how you interpreted it the way you did but that's not his problem... Your as sensitive as a liberal or a femenist... The forum doesn't need this bitching

For some the joke would rub them the wrong way. If you can't understand that then I question your intelligence. As for being Liberal or a feminist (see that is how you spell it btw) uh no my politics are NWO.

.... and as for the Oculus Rift DK2 it is not worth purchasing cuz it will support Facebook.

If people took that joke seriously, as an actual psychologist I suggest they go get professional help.

Lighten up, Francis. It's a joke.

I'm not obligated to cater to the potential sensibilities of the internet and not say anything just because someone could find it offensive. Thanks but no thanks, I have enough real work in actually helping people that I really don't give a shit that someone on the internet took Umbridge with a post I made.

if you want oculus now then i would be fine but i would wait cause net to nothing supports it right now 

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/