You CAN'T buy AMD's best product…

AMD has had APUs for a long time, and in the middle of a GPU shortage, they’re more relevant than ever. So why are the best APUs they’ve ever made not for sale?

Buy AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G CPU (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/CxxvS

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

Zen2 APUs are somewhat available in EU, got 4650G locally here in Poland, even come in with part of that tray AMD sells them. Aliexpress has them too at pretty much same price which is bit odd. AFAIK some got one of those from Amazon too. 4750G is nearly double the price of 4650G for 2 extra cores and 1 Vega "core" - so IMHO not so worth it.

And my World of Warcraft 4650G benchmarks: https://rk.edu.pl/en/benchmarking-world-warcraft-amd-apu-integrated-graphics/

21 minutes ago, GabenJr said:

AMD has had APUs for a long time, and in the middle of a GPU shortage, they’re more relevant than ever.

Good point, but I still think picking up a used R9 280X for $100 is a better value (for gaming), even if the price is a little higher than it was in the past.

Edit: I forgot about depreciation, might lose some money when selling the old GPU in the future. So yea, I see it both ways and think APUs would be nice for people with their first new builds. Anyway, WTF AMD!

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

The APU's are technically available at least here in the UK. The 4650G seems to be the best one since it's reasonably priced at 210£ compared to the 4750G which I was only able to find at 380£

The part about "handing customers to Intel" really sticks. When you're recommending parts to someone on a budget who doesn't already have a GPU, how can you in good conscience recommend an AMD part with an e-waste GPU when Intel actually has some pretty compelling budget options with an iGPU?

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

15 minutes ago, CT854 said:

The part about "handing customers to Intel" really sticks. When you're recommending parts to someone on a budget who doesn't already have a GPU, how can you in good conscience recommend an AMD part with an e-waste GPU when Intel actually has some pretty compelling budget options with an iGPU?

While as a Gamer and someone who Benefits from dGPUs in other things. Given the current overpriced dGPU Market, I would recommend iGPUs for now until Prices settle back to normal pricing. Folks can always buy a dGPU later.

Can y'all let your viewers know about shopblt.com? It's the only place I found that would more or less let me "get in line."

After this next shipment, there are only 9 thousand people ahead of me in line for an MSRP 3060 which is just the illest ever...

Happy to help.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi6)\\Ryzen 3 3100 OC 4.5GHz @1.26V\\Corsair H60\\G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2666 CL19\\WD Black SN750 512GB PCIe 3.0 NVMe\\WD 1TB Storage HDD\\EVGA 600B\\Power Color Radeon RX6600 XT 8GB\\ASUS TUF Gaming 23.8" IPS 144Hz@1080p\\Corsair 220T RGB\\Corsair K55 RGB Pro\\Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury

Did anyone else notice the squares when they were showing the websites? They gave me a headache 

I wonder if hybrid graphics are doable with these AMD solutions - plug a monitor into a HDMI/DP port on a mobo and get discreet GPU pass thru. That would be a neat setup for when you want to use the on-board graphics for your desktop/2D stuff, but then instantly switch over to the more powerful GPU when a 3D title gets fired up. It's been done before on the nVidia side (albeit not so well), so I would think AMD could make it happen with the right drivers and mobo/BIOS support.

If that doesn't work (and I suspect it doesn't) how about a dual monitor arrangement where the mobo and dedicated GPU each have a monitor connected. Fire up a game and one monitor allows you to play while the monitor connected to your mobo lets you multitask and continue with desktop stuff.

An APU can have other uses too. Encoding is one where it can offload CPU work and speed up the encoding process. For those who do video work daily, even a 2x improvement over what a CPU can do alone is worth it, more so if you cannot get your hands on a proper GPU right now or shell out the ripoff price. F@H is another area where APU's can contribute, especially if you leave your system on 24/7 and let it run overnight/unattended.

These would work really well in NUC systems as well although I suspect Intel has the market on those chassis designs. An ITX build with a small enough case could be something definitely worth looking into for those who have limited desk space... or just need a PC in a really tiny box.

8 hours ago, riklaunim said:

Zen2 APUs are somewhat available in EU, got 4650G locally here in Poland, even come in with part of that tray AMD sells them. Aliexpress has them too at pretty much same price which is bit odd. AFAIK some got one of those from Amazon too. 4750G is nearly double the price of 4650G for 2 extra cores and 1 Vega "core" - so IMHO not so worth it.

And my World of Warcraft 4650G benchmarks: https://rk.edu.pl/en/benchmarking-world-warcraft-amd-apu-integrated-graphics/

can you play rocket league on high graphics settings on a gaming monitor - 144Hz at 1080p or 1440p?

1 hour ago, Luscious said:

discreet GPU pass thru

Doesn't work like that sadly

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

It's cool you can just buy these direct on Aliexpress, but I'm kind of bummed by the lack of the 35W GE parts, one would be a pretty ideal HTPC processor for a small low power system. Enough horsepower in even a 4650GE at 35W to play back any media anywhere and the iGPU isn't horrible either. I'll have to wait for the used market to get some of the GE's I guess.

8 hours ago, Bitter said:

It's cool you can just buy these direct on Aliexpress, but I'm kind of bummed by the lack of the 35W GE parts, one would be a pretty ideal HTPC processor for a small low power system. Enough horsepower in even a 4650GE at 35W to play back any media anywhere and the iGPU isn't horrible either. I'll have to wait for the used market to get some of the GE's I guess.

You can also buy a normal G-series APU and underclock it yourself.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

9 hours ago, Mling said:

can you play rocket league on high graphics settings on a gaming monitor - 144Hz at 1080p or 1440p?

You can check YouTube:

5 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

You can also buy a normal G APU and underclock it yourself.

OOOHHHHHH WHY MUST MY LIFE BE CONSTANT TORTURE!?

15 hours ago, Luscious said:

I wonder if hybrid graphics are doable with these AMD solutions - plug a monitor into a HDMI/DP port on a mobo and get discreet GPU pass thru.

Hybrid is a BIOS option on the motherboard I am using.  It might be mobo and BIOS specific.   For example on my Linux machine I can run CUDA code off a 1050 while having my AMD Ryzen 3200g  display my desktop.  (I haven't tried this in Wayland)

Which brings me to how much I am jonesing  for a Ryzen 5700g like a crack **** in an 80's Spike Lee movie right now. 

Without DGPU passthrough or even the work around for using Nvidia GRID I can get respectable VM performance in QEMU, enough to do all my productivity in Windows but not enough for gaming.  Plus I have to watch how many task I run in Windows or Linux with only four cores and that's it.  The Ryzen 3200g is not hyperthreaded.   With a 5700g I could have one small space efficient PC to do everything I do with a desktop.   Keep everything maintained and backed up with ease.

The way hardware is going this year a Ryzen 5700g will be as hard to get as a 5950X.  I'll be camping out at Micro Center for it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 12:30 PM, Uttamattamakin said:

Hybrid is a BIOS option on the motherboard I am using.  It might be mobo and BIOS specific.   For example on my Linux machine I can run CUDA code off a 1050 while having my AMD Ryzen 3200g  display my desktop.  (I haven't tried this in Wayland)

Which brings me to how much I am jonesing  for a Ryzen 5700g like a crack **** in an 80's Spike Lee movie right now. 

Without DGPU passthrough or even the work around for using Nvidia GRID I can get respectable VM performance in QEMU, enough to do all my productivity in Windows but not enough for gaming.  Plus I have to watch how many task I run in Windows or Linux with only four cores and that's it.  The Ryzen 3200g is not hyperthreaded.   With a 5700g I could have one small space efficient PC to do everything I do with a desktop.   Keep everything maintained and backed up with ease.

The way hardware is going this year a Ryzen 5700g will be as hard to get as a 5950X.  I'll be camping out at Micro Center for it. 

I own one, currently setting up(adapting) my old vfio configuration. Yes its itx. Yes I paid basically twice its worth. Its worth every nickel, I only wish amd drops a 6900g(12core apu) in 2022. Big dreams ig.

Spoiler

Nihla

i5 4570k @ 4.20ghz 1.2v | Zotac 1060 AMP + Zotac 1070 ti Mini | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | X2 LG 29UC88

Hifiman HE4xx | Philips SHP9500s | Swans HiVi M10

On 5/14/2021 at 2:06 AM, ATrollAaaNnnnn said:

I own one, currently setting up(adapting) my old vfio configuration. Yes its itx. Yes I paid basically twice its worth. Its worth every nickel, I only wish amd drops a 6900g(12core apu) in 2022. Big dreams ig.

Heck there is a 5700g on ebay ... Buy it now for $685.  Not a whole computer just the chip.  I'm jonsing but not that hard.  $485 maybe $385 definitely.