Can someone help me make my OBS smooth.

So basically I've tried everything to make my OBS smooth so my last option is coming to you guys the only necessary information you need on my laptop is that's its a Ryzen 7 3700u with 8 Gb of ram no graphics card but Vega 10 graphics. It would mean a lot if you guys an help me. Thanks if you can help.,

Your post lacks details. What is your issue vs it being "smooth"? What settings are you using? What kind of content you are recording/streaming? And ofc, are you recording or streaming? And if both, what is you internet upload speed?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2021 at 11:58 AM, WereCat said:

for streaming or just recording?

just recording

On 5/3/2021 at 10:37 AM, LogicalDrm said:

Your post lacks details. What is your issue vs it being "smooth"? What settings are you using? What kind of content you are recording/streaming? And ofc, are you recording or streaming? And if both, what is you internet upload speed?

umm my architecture is x264 bitrate 3750 rescale output 1280 by 720 using lanczos sharpening audio is 44.1khz and 60 fps.Also btw 18mbps upload at its best worst is 6mbps and thats regulary

8 minutes ago, FoamyFog said:

umm my architecture is x264 bitrate 3750 rescale output 1280 by 720 using lanczos sharpening audio is 44.1khz and 60 fps.Also btw 18mbps upload at its best worst is 6mbps and thats regulary

For recording upload is not important, and you can bump bitrate as high as your encoding device allows. So 5-20k.

But still, what do you mean by "smooth" here?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 5/16/2021 at 8:49 PM, LogicalDrm said:

For recording upload is not important, and you can bump bitrate as high as your encoding device allows. So 5-20k.

But still, what do you mean by "smooth" here?

by smooth i mean when i tweak the settings the gamplay is smooth but in the vid its like 2fps but when my gameplay is not smooth it records everything on the screen

1 minute ago, FoamyFog said:

by smooth i mean when i tweak the settings the gamplay is smooth but in the vid its like 2fps but when my gameplay is not smooth it records everything on the screen

Do you have 2 monitors or something other to see hardware usage or OBS dropping frames while recording? Recording chugging is usually because some part is being on high usage or maxing out.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 5/16/2021 at 3:39 PM, FoamyFog said:

It may just be the x264... but im not sure. Test record with a higher bitrate

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 12:38 AM, Charliex said:

It may just be the x264... but im not sure. Test record with a higher bitrate

it wont work it just 30 fps but i have it on 60 fps heres a vid of me playing roblox