How to Convert TeamViewer recording to Microsoft Video 1 File faster ?

Go to solution Solved by TheNuzziNuzz,
17 hours ago, Cemil2565 said:

can it convert TVS files ?

Upon doing some research, TVS is a locked-down propriety file format that Teamview only allows paying users to convert using their software.,

I'd look into using a software like OBS to capture video instead of using Teamviewers built-in system.

I am converting TeamViewer recorded file to Microsoft Video 1 file but it takes too long and uses only 1 CPU core idk why, is there another option for fast converting without degrading the quality of the video ?

What software are you using to convert?

Do you have an nvidia GPU?

Computers r fun

46 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

What software are you using to convert?

Do you have an nvidia GPU?

software is teamviewer built in converter, i only can choose the codec, yes rtx 2080

2 hours ago, Cemil2565 said:

software is teamviewer built in converter, i only can choose the codec, yes rtx 2080

Check out handbrake. For extremly fast speed you can use NVENC hardware encoding acceleration (which uses nvidia gpus, but is specifically much faster on 20 series +). At that point you are far more likely to hit a CPU-decoding bottleneck or a disk speed bottleneck as opposed to what you are experiencing now.

https://handbrake.fr/

Unfortunately, since handbrake is for advanced users - there are a lot more settings. Nothing that some google searches can't answer.

P.S. NVENC encoding, although faster, will result in the final output being a larger size vs the same quality with CPU encoding (which will take much, much longer unless you have a many many core CPU like threadripper)

Computers r fun

6 hours ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Check out handbrake. For extremly fast speed you can use NVENC hardware encoding acceleration (which uses nvidia gpus, but is specifically much faster on 20 series +). At that point you are far more likely to hit a CPU-decoding bottleneck or a disk speed bottleneck as opposed to what you are experiencing now.

https://handbrake.fr/

Unfortunately, since handbrake is for advanced users - there are a lot more settings. Nothing that some google searches can't answer.

P.S. NVENC encoding, although faster, will result in the final output being a larger size vs the same quality with CPU encoding (which will take much, much longer unless you have a many many core CPU like threadripper)

17 hours ago, Cemil2565 said:

Upon doing some research, TVS is a locked-down propriety file format that Teamview only allows paying users to convert using their software.,

I'd look into using a software like OBS to capture video instead of using Teamviewers built-in system.

Computers r fun