Sony Playstation Phone Concept / Handheld Gaming Device

Furkan Yasarlar

Quotes

Designer Anesthétique Projets has mocked up a concept for the hybrid handheld (via Yanko Design). With dedicated gaming buttons, the handset is geared towards gaming, but is kitted out with features you'd expect to see on a smartphone. The renders don't answer all of our questions as to how it might work, but as a concept, we love this idea. 

My thoughts

I feel as if this would be a good head to head rival against the nintendo switch, and might be better since it's more portable. 

Sources

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/sony-ps5g-phone-concept-is-stunning-and-the-perfect-ps-vita-successor

1. The switch has active cooling. From what it looks this does not. So it would most likely be slower

2.tbw switch has Mario and Zelda. This don't. So I don't want it.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I know its a concept but that is way too thin. And being a hybrid its going to be very fun if it breaks. Now you got no console AND phone!

Imo they should stick to it being only a console if they want it to be a "vita successor" or rival the switch.

Do you mean like an Xperia Play? 

Also, nice style,  but the camera in the middle looks terrible, not to mention in portrait fingers may cover the lens. 

maybe i'm going crazy, but isn't this just an updated psp?

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

9 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

maybe i'm going crazy, but isn't this just an updated psp?

More of a new try at a Xperia play.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

image.png.722f3ba6bd9324e07c90f0d55056d01c.png
those sticks lookin like something that would break off really easily in my opinion

Designing a proper phone and making a first-party mount for a PS5 controller and/or first-party expandable game pad/phone holder would make more sense. Even though the market is saturated with options, a proper Sony entry could do enough on their name alone.

-> Moved to mobile gaming, TN needs more than a design concept.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

• 1 month later...

I loved the xperia play, especially the slide out thing… and yes i tried it, but there wasnt really any games and it was expensive iirc.

Or psp go was also a cool concept.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer