Windows memory diagnostic

3 minutes ago, Castiell said:

the bios is updated , im currently testing them at stock speed all 4 sticks installed . Its strange that multi-channel could be the culprit , because this is a kit of 4 so this ram is bought in the same kit 4x8 included. The strange thing is , i checked My motherboards qvl , and this specific ram is not there although almost the same ram has been tested and made it in to the qvl , but Gskills qvl has this ram tested on my motherboard and is on their qvl.

But if they make it in stock speed with out errors , should i up the voltage and maybe cpu voltage to make the ram work at 3600 ?

I generally don't overclock anything on my PC so I wouldn't have the knowledge to help you on the matter. But, definately watch a few videos on similar systems and see how they have done it. 

Here's more info on someone who was having errors as well. Seems like it was the ram for him. 

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/memtest86-errors-what-do-they-mean.3613348/

https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm#:~:text=When you see errors while,channel configuration is the culprit.&text=Most motherboard vendors release a,to work with your motherboard.

11 minutes ago, jones177 said:

I had a similar issue with my first Hero XII.

At the time I had the i7 8086k/Hero X the i9 10900k replaced on a bench so I could test the ram and other components.

They all were fine. 

Then I tested with a different brand of 3200 and some 4000 as well.  The results were the same.  

I ended up returning the Hero XII and the replacement board has had no issues. 

Are you using the xii hero with 4000 mhz ram right now ?

But from what i understand now , is that this cpu supports or recommends up too 2933 mhz ram ?

2 minutes ago, Roshill1 said:

I generally don't overclock anything on my PC so I wouldn't have the knowledge to help you on the matter. But, definately watch a few videos on similar systems and see how they have done it. 

Here's more info on someone who was having errors as well. Seems like it was the ram for him. 

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/memtest86-errors-what-do-they-mean.3613348/

https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm#:~:text=When you see errors while,channel configuration is the culprit.&text=Most motherboard vendors release a,to work with your motherboard.

Thanks for the answer , i have already checked those threads , getting pretty deseperate , cus im actually pretty new at this.

37 minutes ago, Castiell said:

Are you using the xii hero with 4000 mhz ram right now ?

Yes.

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000

All the ram kits I have listed below were tested with the first Hero XII. All are 8gb sticks since they were upgrades from 16gbs setups.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

3 minutes ago, jones177 said:

Yes.

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000

All the ram kits I have listed below were tested with the first Hero XII. All are 8gb sticks since they were upgrades from 16gbs setups.

with no manual tweaking , only xmp on ?

and u got the i9 10900k ? right?

Just now, Castiell said:

with no manual tweaking , only xmp on ?

Yes. 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

• 2 weeks later...

So i recently replaced bad ram , should i do anything reinstall OS or applications etc?

chkdsk /fand sfc /scannow , are these commands all individual commands ?

how do i run them ?

help is much appreciated thanks 🙏

Shoudn't have to do anything except make sure the settings for your new sticks are right and go.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

1 minute ago, Castiell said:

chkdsk /fand sfc /scannow , are these commands all individual commands ?

chkdsk /f checks your boot drive for any data corruption.

sfc /scannow checks windows for corruption. 

You really dont need to run any of these if all you had was bad RAM.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

chkdsk /f checks your boot drive for any data corruption.

sfc /scannow checks windows for corruption. 

You really dont need to run any of these if all you had was bad RAM.

Thanks ive heard that , but ive heard Also that my previous ram or faulty ram couldve installed corrupted files?

Just now, Castiell said:

Thanks ive heard that , but ive heard Also that my previous ram or faulty ram couldve installed corrupted files?

It's possible but if you're not getting any errors you're OK.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

I second what Beerzerker said. It's unlikely your operating system or installed software is corrupt. I'd just keep using the system as-is now that you've corrected the RAM hardware situation and keep an eye on it for anything weird. But, most likely you'll be fine. If you want to be super sure, reinstall your OS.

Hi so i encountered some stabilitet issues with ram , and checked bios version it was not the latest one .

i got a z490 xii hero maximus Wi-Fi board

my question is do i have to download all  bios updates and install them after each other ? 

or just the latest one and install it ?

Unless there is a warning stating that you have to upgrade to a intermediary bios first, you can just download the latest one and flash that.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 minutes ago, Levent said:

Unless there is a warning stating that you have to upgrade to a intermediary bios first, you can just download the latest one and flash that.

How do i know that ?

and do I have too use the reset bios button on my mbo or not ?

So i built i new pc.

Specs:

Cpu: i9-10900k

Motherboard: Asus rog strix xii maximus hero wi-fi

Ram: 4x8 3600mhz cl16 gskill trident z royal

Gpu: asus rog strix 3080 oc

Cooler: nzxt z73

Psu: 1000watt gold certified asus rog

I know that asus motherboards have high auto turbo settings and that it can mean stability issues with xmp profiles..

My question is what oc settings should i have if i just want too run 5ghz for my cpu and 3600 mhz for my ram sticks with their rated speeds. What are the safe voltages and etc ?

And what should i disable or enable and how do i do this help is much appreciated.

So i have a i9-10900k and 4x8 32 Gb ram g skill trident z royal , and getting bsods with xmp on ran memtest got errors .

i wanna keep rated timings and speed for the ram .

but om happy with 5ghz oc on all cores for the CPU , btw got a z490 xii hero maximus Wi-Fi board.

im very new to oc stuff , what should i change in the bios etc to get these overclocks?

If you aren't able to get the rated speeds of your memory kit, then your RAM kit may be defective, and if you purchased it very recently, you should return it and replaced. Either it was mispackaged/mislabeled or it really doesn't meet up with the speeds it qualified for.

But I want someone else to give a second opinion on what I just said first. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

2 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

If you aren't able to get the rated speeds of your memory kit, then your RAM kit may be defective, and if you purchased it very recently, you should return it and replaced. Either it was mispackaged/mislabeled or it really doesn't meet up with the speeds it qualified for.

It could also be a bad memory controller on the cpu or the cpu overclock is causing the memory to be unstable. Or it could be the memory itself but who knows. I would definitely play around at stock settings on the cpu and see if the ram is still unstable. 

4 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

Forgot too say that i had no errors when i ran them at stock ?

Just now, Castiell said:

Forgot too say that i had no errors when i ran them at stock ?

Thats your problem. Your OC is unstable. try to OC again, but don't push it as hard. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

9 minutes ago, Castiell said:

So i have a i9-10900k and 4x8 32 Gb ram g skill trident z royal , and getting bsods with xmp on ran memtest got errors .

i wanna keep rated timings and speed for the ram .

but om happy with 5ghz oc on all cores for the CPU , btw got a z490 xii hero maximus Wi-Fi board.

im very new to oc stuff , what should i change in the bios etc to get these overclocks?

What is the speed on the memory?

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

What is the speed on the memory?

It is rated for 3600 with 1.35 volts cl 16 .

but the asus motherboard board had auto oc on for the CPU that i think is causing issues with the xmp profile .

so i want to know how to change those settings and what to disable/enable and what volts i should use and for what .

i know alot of questions , sorry

1 hour ago, Castiell said:

It is rated for 3600 with 1.35 volts cl 16 .

but the asus motherboard board had auto oc on for the CPU that i think is causing issues with the xmp profile .

so i want to know how to change those settings and what to disable/enable and what volts i should use and for what .

i know alot of questions , sorry

Tbh I would just run stock unless you want to spend hours trying to overclock and stress test.