Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

x570 + 5800x randomly shuts down and restarts

hey guys, it's been maybe month or more since i upgraded my r5 3600 to 5800x, i have gigabyte x570 aorus elite motherboard, and my system started randomly shutting down with no BSOD at random stuff, it doesn't matter what i do, pc might be at idle, or browsing internet or playing some warzone or csgo it just happens and restarts. But i doesn't happed at specific task, i can game for 5 hours render videos or photo no problem and no shut down, and it can happen at the moment i least expect, for example i just turn on my pc launch csgo and after few matches it crashed and pc shut down. Event viewer shows kernel-power 41 (63). I have corsair rm850x i don't think it's psu, been using it for 5 years now. I used undervolt and pbo for cpu,. because gigabyte tend to overvolt cpu's and at stock it runs only at about 4.5ghz on all cores while using over 1.4v, after undervolt i get 4.7ghz+ and cpu stays at around 1.3v been running prime and cinebench many times also 3dmark benchmarks for hours no crash, while it can crash while browsing facebook, Any thoughts, ive seen some posts on internet, that people having similar issues. Any solution ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tadziunia said:

hey guys, it's been maybe month or more since i upgraded my r5 3600 to 5800x, i have gigabyte x570 aorus elite motherboard, and my system started randomly shutting down with no BSOD at random stuff, it doesn't matter what i do, pc might be at idle, or browsing internet or playing some warzone or csgo it just happens and restarts. But i doesn't happed at specific task, i can game for 5 hours render videos or photo no problem and no shut down, and it can happen at the moment i least expect, for example i just turn on my pc launch csgo and after few matches it crashed and pc shut down. Event viewer shows kernel-power 41 (63). I have corsair rm850x i don't think it's psu, been using it for 5 years now. I used undervolt and pbo for cpu,. because gigabyte tend to overvolt cpu's and at stock it runs only at about 4.5ghz on all cores while using over 1.4v, after undervolt i get 4.7ghz+ and cpu stays at around 1.3v been running prime and cinebench many times also 3dmark benchmarks for hours no crash, while it can crash while browsing facebook, Any thoughts, ive seen some posts on internet, that people having similar issues. Any solution ?

Couple things off the bat:

what PSU/gpu?
What do temps look like?

Have you checked the memory?
Did you update the bios for ryzen3? 

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Couple things off the bat:

what PSU/gpu?
What do temps look like?

Have you checked the memory?
Did you update the bios for ryzen3? 

everything is checked, i have rtx 3080 and rm850x psu, both worked fine when i had r5 3600, but after 5800x upgrade i am getting random shutdowns

Link to post
Share on other sites

That would imply not enough PSU, but it could be something else.  I have a vague memory that the Corsair rm850x is a decent enough PSU but I haven’t looked at the PSU tierlist in the PSU section so I don’t know for sure.  It at least should be enough power.  PSU might of course be faulty.  That’s always a possibility. 

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That would imply not enough PSU, but it could be something else.  I have a vague memory that the Corsair rm850x is a decent enough PSU but I haven’t looked at the PSU tierlist in the PSU section so I don’t know for sure.  It at least should be enough power.  PSU might of course be faulty.  That’s always a possibility. 

i also have rm1000i same happens with that. Considering everything was fine with 3600 and it started happening with 5800x, Gigabyte board has terrible bios... but seen other people have same problem with msi boardas and zen 3 cpu's

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tadziunia said:

i also have rm1000i same happens with that. Considering everything was fine with 3600 and it started happening with 5800x, Gigabyte board has terrible bios... but seen other people have same problem with msi boardas and zen 3 cpu's

One thing to remember is that zen3 when just dropped in only sort of works on am4 motherboards.  Generally in order to get full functionality a bios update is required which will then require redoing all the bios settings which will change the CMOS. 

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×