x570 + 5800x randomly shuts down and restarts

Tadziunia

hey guys, it's been maybe month or more since i upgraded my r5 3600 to 5800x, i have gigabyte x570 aorus elite motherboard, and my system started randomly shutting down with no BSOD at random stuff, it doesn't matter what i do, pc might be at idle, or browsing internet or playing some warzone or csgo it just happens and restarts. But i doesn't happed at specific task, i can game for 5 hours render videos or photo no problem and no shut down, and it can happen at the moment i least expect, for example i just turn on my pc launch csgo and after few matches it crashed and pc shut down. Event viewer shows kernel-power 41 (63). I have corsair rm850x i don't think it's psu, been using it for 5 years now. I used undervolt and pbo for cpu,. because gigabyte tend to overvolt cpu's and at stock it runs only at about 4.5ghz on all cores while using over 1.4v, after undervolt i get 4.7ghz+ and cpu stays at around 1.3v been running prime and cinebench many times also 3dmark benchmarks for hours no crash, while it can crash while browsing facebook, Any thoughts, ive seen some posts on internet, that people having similar issues. Any solution ?

23 minutes ago, Tadziunia said:

hey guys, it's been maybe month or more since i upgraded my r5 3600 to 5800x, i have gigabyte x570 aorus elite motherboard, and my system started randomly shutting down with no BSOD at random stuff, it doesn't matter what i do, pc might be at idle, or browsing internet or playing some warzone or csgo it just happens and restarts. But i doesn't happed at specific task, i can game for 5 hours render videos or photo no problem and no shut down, and it can happen at the moment i least expect, for example i just turn on my pc launch csgo and after few matches it crashed and pc shut down. Event viewer shows kernel-power 41 (63). I have corsair rm850x i don't think it's psu, been using it for 5 years now. I used undervolt and pbo for cpu,. because gigabyte tend to overvolt cpu's and at stock it runs only at about 4.5ghz on all cores while using over 1.4v, after undervolt i get 4.7ghz+ and cpu stays at around 1.3v been running prime and cinebench many times also 3dmark benchmarks for hours no crash, while it can crash while browsing facebook, Any thoughts, ive seen some posts on internet, that people having similar issues. Any solution ?

Couple things off the bat:

what PSU/gpu?
What do temps look like?

Have you checked the memory?
Did you update the bios for ryzen3? 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

17 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Couple things off the bat:

what PSU/gpu?
What do temps look like?

Have you checked the memory?
Did you update the bios for ryzen3? 

everything is checked, i have rtx 3080 and rm850x psu, both worked fine when i had r5 3600, but after 5800x upgrade i am getting random shutdowns

That would imply not enough PSU, but it could be something else.  I have a vague memory that the Corsair rm850x is a decent enough PSU but I haven’t looked at the PSU tierlist in the PSU section so I don’t know for sure.  It at least should be enough power.  PSU might of course be faulty.  That’s always a possibility. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

27 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That would imply not enough PSU, but it could be something else.  I have a vague memory that the Corsair rm850x is a decent enough PSU but I haven’t looked at the PSU tierlist in the PSU section so I don’t know for sure.  It at least should be enough power.  PSU might of course be faulty.  That’s always a possibility. 

i also have rm1000i same happens with that. Considering everything was fine with 3600 and it started happening with 5800x, Gigabyte board has terrible bios... but seen other people have same problem with msi boardas and zen 3 cpu's

7 hours ago, Tadziunia said:

i also have rm1000i same happens with that. Considering everything was fine with 3600 and it started happening with 5800x, Gigabyte board has terrible bios... but seen other people have same problem with msi boardas and zen 3 cpu's

One thing to remember is that zen3 when just dropped in only sort of works on am4 motherboards.  Generally in order to get full functionality a bios update is required which will then require redoing all the bios settings which will change the CMOS.