Microsoft bids goodbye to Calibri font and asks users to vote on a new one

WolframaticAlpha
2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

image.thumb.png.b671d2023265d5d8edee78d4b42de538.png

Is it wrong if I can barely even tell any difference between them?

Look at the bold italic E in next, that shows nice differences.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 hours ago, Heliian said:

Have you  tried dislexie font?  I'm interested to know if it helps reading.  It seems like a good concept but I'm not dyslexic enough to notice.  Most fonts just look the same to me, especially the ones they're polling about here. 

I have tried it. Works kinda sorta for me. It certainly makes me feel less "fatigued" when reading.

Bierstadt, followed by Tenorite as a distant 2nd place. The rest, why??!

Grandview with Tenorite as a second. I'm a Verdana man first though. Can't beat it for online readability

Mini-ITX Desktop: i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB TridentZ RGB 3200MHz, Asus Strix Z390-i, EVGA 3090 Hybrid FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe 1TB, Lian Li O11 Air Mini White

Plex/Minecraft Server: Dell PowerEdge T320, Xeon E5-2470 v2, 48GB RAM, 19.25TB storage, RTX A2000 6GB

Tablet: iPad Pro 11” M1

IBM plex

duh

image.thumb.png.9b083077073e6277a137427d8255a160.png

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

8 hours ago, Levent said:

I wish they would fix this UI/UX mess that is called Windows 10 instead of trying to find a new font.

7 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Comic Sans. Because only a clown cares more about font than fixing really dumb shit in Windows. Like trainwreck of mishmashed languages when you want to use US English for Windows interface, but you're not from US...

It's almost like a company as big as Microsoft have multiple departments and the people in charge of the the default font aren't the same as those who are in charge of the overall UI/UX design of Windows... 

I really don't get the mentality of "x is bad, therefore they shouldn't be doing anything but x until it's finished" even if it involves people that are no where close to being in the same department. And yet it happens all the time here. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

10 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Send Office people to fix Windows shit that's broken for years because clearly someone isn't doing their god damn job there.

even if you manage to create a BEAUTIFUL UI, it would still look ugly because all the default apps would be using their own styles and unlike apple, microsoft is afraid of losing legacy support.

Tenorite followed by Bierstadt followed by Grandview

13 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

Times New Roman, 12pt, MLA format. No exceptions. I will reduce your grade 10pts for every source you fail to include - minimum of 10 sources. 15 page minimum - no exceptions. You have three minutes and twelve seconds to complete.

That's very generous compared to the IEEE paper format which is Times New Roman 10pt, two columns and no spaces. IEEE - Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings

I like cute animal pics.

Mac Studio | Ryzen 7 5800X3D + RTX 3090

7 hours ago, Arika S said:

It's almost like a company as big as Microsoft have multiple departments and the people in charge of the the default font aren't the same as those who are in charge of the overall UI/UX design of Windows... 

I really don't get the mentality of "x is bad, therefore they shouldn't be doing anything but x until it's finished" even if it involves people that are no where close to being in the same department. And yet it happens all the time here. 

Oh my god, you people seriously believe I don't know that? That however doesn't change the fact OS is a turd in many places yet they are obsessing over fucking fonts. It's perception of their priorities for the outside observers. Do you think casuals care whether there are separate departments for separate things? No. They do care that some shit is broken for almost a decade (Windows 8 release is when this language shit began really). Even if I'm not a casual user it still annoys me like hell. I don't give a damn what font displays text when text displayed isn't in frigging language that I want and have selected? Do you see the irony here?

I needed to reinstall windows 2 times after a faulty update. Also it happened many times that a USB os install gone wrong. So I don't give a fuck about fronts Microsoft, most of them do not support my language anyway

Urm ok even though Calibri is quite fine.

I just want them to work more on unification for OS UI elements and settings.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

32 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Urm ok even though Calibri is quite fine.

I just want them to work more on unification for OS UI elements and settings.

Well me too but I doubt they can...

I mean look at the control panel, somehow the new settings menu is STILL not a complete replacement and it's such a mess i can never find anything straight away.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

8 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Well me too but I doubt they can...

I mean look at the control panel, somehow the new settings menu is STILL not a complete replacement and it's such a mess i can never find anything straight away.

Yeah, they really need to unify them already, in a good manner and easier with less clicks to get to things for sure.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

i dont understand why users cant select a font themselves, that and having different sizes instead of windows terrible desktop zoom would like fix 50% of my issues with the Windows UI.

3 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Yeah, they really need to unify them already, in a good manner and easier with less clicks to get to things for sure.

The whole "action center" thing, that most people use *trying* to get into any sort of settings is useless, they should just put a link to control panel instead, they could rename the action center into "annoying system  messages" (its real purpose) instead for all i care.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

15 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

8 hours ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

even if you manage to create a BEAUTIFUL UI, it would still look ugly because all the default apps would be using their own styles and unlike apple, microsoft is afraid of losing legacy support.

What do you mean with styles? like shortcut or startmenu icons? That could be easily fixed with "custom" icons even just generic ones as long they fit within the rest, if you mean applications themselves, well, then im still not sure what you mean, like the different settings apps? Those are sure a problem but could be fixed also, not sure why legacy support would be lost by having less ugly UI, the functions wouldn't necessarily have to be changed.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

7 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Oh my god, you people seriously believe I don't know that? That however doesn't change the fact OS is a turd in many places yet they are obsessing over fucking fonts. It's perception of their priorities for the outside observers. Do you think casuals care whether there are separate departments for separate things? No. They do care that some shit is broken for almost a decade (Windows 8 release is when this language shit began really). Even if I'm not a casual user it still annoys me like hell. I don't give a damn what font displays text when text displayed isn't in frigging language that I want and have selected? Do you see the irony here?

I don't care what casuals think, or even the non-casuals, especially when they believe, or even ironically claim, such stupid things. The public perception of something doesn't change the reality.

So do you honestly believe that every department within Microsoft needs to stop what they are doing while they wait for the Windows design team to figure out the UI elements and deploy it? Or is it just the fact that they made an announcement about this that really rustled your jimmies?

Oh my god, you people seriously believe I don't know that?

Given that this is not the first time you have made this claim, or similar in other threads...yes, I do. There is only so many times you can repeat your self over and over before people start believing that you think in such a way.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

26 minutes ago, Arika S said:

I don't care what casuals think, or even the non-casuals, especially when they believe, or even ironically claim, such stupid things. The public perception of something doesn't change the reality.

So do you honestly believe that every department within Microsoft needs to stop what they are doing while they wait for the Windows design team to figure out the UI elements and deploy it? Or is it just the fact that they made an announcement about this that really rustled your jimmies?

Given that this is not the first time you have made this claim, or similar in other threads...yes, I do. There is only so many times you can repeat your self over and over before people start believing that you think in such a way.

Yeah, I totally believe that people responsible for graphics design are going to code interface and language selection. Dude, how dense are you? What OTHER claims I made? LMAO. You're just talking shit now.

4 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

What do you mean with styles? like shortcut or startmenu icons? That could be easily fixed with "custom" icons even just generic ones as long they fit within the rest, if you mean applications themselves, well, then im still not sure what you mean, like the different settings apps? Those are sure a problem but could be fixed also, not sure why legacy support would be lost by having less ugly UI, the functions wouldn't necessarily have to be changed.

Screenshot_51.thumb.png.7915642314ff5ce7686961a840838c01.png

Two, apps. On the same vm. With w10. Both meant to perform same tasks

9 hours ago, RejZoR said:

what're you doing running windows, if you aren't a casual user/s

My favourite and go to font I use for everything 😅

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

2 hours ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

what're you doing running windows, if you aren't a casual user/s

What? O_o

Is it just me or does Microsoft make it very hard to compare the fonts?

Why even make it a vote if you aren't letting people compare them properly?

If you are like me and want a decent comparison, here you go:

Comparsion.thumb.png.313277bebf74737559a60b147c57b826.png