PSU Questions. I don't care about efficiency just quality, durability, and reliability.

MarkBrooklyn
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
1 minute ago, MarkBrooklyn said:

What do you think about me getting the Enermax Revolution D.F. 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply, and returning my EVGA SUPERNOVA 850w P2 unit? Is it worth the $110 savings or is the p2 really that good?

The Revolution D.F. is a really good PSU.

What is the best Power Supply Unit (psu)? 

I'd like 850w or 750w,

I currently have the Evga Supernova 850w P2, but it's $240 and I'd like one of the same "stature" for a lesser price. I don't care about efficiency, just quality, so if it's a downgrade that'll potentially cost me my pc, I don't want it.

Thank you for your help,

Mark | Brooklyn

efficiency and quality basically go hand in hand, you cant build a very efficient PSU if its not also using quality components but you can build super cheap and crappy PSU´s if they dont need to be efficient.

Sure you can get a cheaper one but EVGA is pretty good in terms of quality.

5 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

efficiency and quality basically go hand in hand, you cant build a very efficient PSU if its not also using quality components but you can build super cheap and crappy PSU´s if they dont need to be efficient.

Not really.  You can easily build a highly efficient PSU for cheap.

6 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

Sure you can get a cheaper one but EVGA is pretty good in terms of quality.

Have you see EVGA's entire line up?  They have some good PSUs, but also a lot of garbage.

9 minutes ago, MarkBrooklyn said:

What is the best Power Supply Unit (psu)? 

I'd like 850w or 750w,

I currently have the Evga Supernova 850w P2, but it's $240 and I'd like one of the same "stature" for a lesser price. I don't care about efficiency, just quality, so if it's a downgrade that'll potentially cost me my pc, I don't want it.

Thank you for your help,

Mark | Brooklyn

There's some really good Bronze units out there that use LLC (as opposed to double forward) and DC to DC (as opposed to mag amp or group regulation) and have rifle bearing fans.  You can find this information on the "Units Index" tab of the PSU tier list spreadsheet here:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eL0893Ramlwk6E3s3uSvH1_juom7SMG5SCNzP2Uov8w/edit#gid=1529225916

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

24 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

There's some really good Bronze units out there that use LLC (as opposed to double forward) and DC to DC (as opposed to mag amp or group regulation) and have rifle bearing fans.  You can find this information on the "Units Index" tab of the PSU tier list spreadsheet here:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eL0893Ramlwk6E3s3uSvH1_juom7SMG5SCNzP2Uov8w/edit#gid=1529225916

What do you think about me getting the Enermax Revolution D.F. 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply, and returning my EVGA SUPERNOVA 850w P2 unit? Is it worth the $110 savings or is the p2 really that good?

1 minute ago, MarkBrooklyn said:

The Revolution D.F. is a really good PSU.