So IDK if i need a new keyboard.

Bornsteler

My current keyboard is the Logitech K360, and I'm considering upgrading. I write a crap ton of essays for no particular reason, and the K360 is annoying for that. I like it personally for short bursts of typing, but when I'm typing long sentences like this, it's just a pain in the ass. I do a mix of short bursts(like texting friends on discord) and writing essays. Which mechanical keyboard switch would most likely fit me well? Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Bornsteler said:

Which mechanical keyboard switch would most likely fit me well?

Depends on a lot of factor. Budget? Table size? Touch type or pecking like a grandma? QWERTY or other layouts like DVORAK? Hand size? Do you prefer the keyboard sloped or sit flat on your desk?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Mechanical switches are hard to recommend for others because its all personal preference. I dislike tactiles and enjoy linears- but you may be the opposite. 

If you want a cheap option, the red dragon ones on amazon are an alright entry point. Believe they have a choice of reds or browns 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, SorryClaire said:

Depends on a lot of factor. Budget? Table size? Touch type or pecking like a grandma? QWERTY or other layouts like DVORAK? Hand size? Do you prefer the keyboard sloped or sit flat on your desk?

Well table size is, normal. It's not too big, but it's not too small. I prefer the QWERTY layout. Me hand size is, i'd say smaller than average. And I prefer sloped for some wierd reason.

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Mechanical switches are hard to recommend for others because its all personal preference. I dislike tactiles and enjoy linears- but you may be the opposite. 

If you want a cheap option, the red dragon ones on amazon are an alright entry point. Believe they have a choice of reds or browns 

Yes sir thank you!

For typing fast, i can't recommend mechanical keyboard, chiclet keyboards are definitely better, i don't see why you don't like that one.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 minutes ago, Bornsteler said:

And I prefer sloped for some wierd reason.

Nope, perfectly normal. A lot of mechanicals are designed to be sloped so i would have an even harder recommendation if you say flat. But anyways:

Consider a Tenkeyless or 104-key keyboard from a good value manufacturer like Redragon, Magicforce, or older Ducky. If you want familiarity, consider the one with Red switches. Theyre linear with a quite okay snap to it. If you want it loud and hits your finger in the right way, tactile switches like Romer G or MX Blues might tickle your fancy better.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Just now, SorryClaire said:

Nope, perfectly normal. A lot of mechanicals are designed to be sloped so i would have an even harder recommendation if you say flat. But anyways:

Consider a Tenkeyless or 104-key keyboard from a good value manufacturer like Redragon, Magicforce, or older Ducky. If you want familiarity, consider the one with Red switches. Theyre linear with a quite okay snap to it. If you want it loud and hits your finger in the right way, tactile switches like Romer G or MX Blues might tickle your fancy better.

kk Thanks!