Old router as switch with DHCP disabled - how to access its settings?

Filingo

Hello,

I am using an old router as a switch, and I disabled DHCP. But now I can't access the settings because it probably got a different IP from the main router.

Is there a way to access the settings again?

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Filingo said:

I am using an old router as a switch, and I disabled DHCP. But now I can't access the settings because it probably got a different IP from the main router.

Press the reset switch with a sewing needle/toothpicks/earwax cleaner/thin pen cartridge/nokia charging port (trust me, there's a lot of way to press reset switch, just find long thin stuff thatll fit through its small hole), and then access it through the credentials at the back of the router. You can also try to find the local IP of the router from the main router through the DHCP menu on that router, but you need to know the device name, or the mac address to that router.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

When you disable dhcp it doesn't have any IP.

You want to disable DHCP server not DHCP client.

Reset the router, set the IP address with something unique like xxx.255.

Set it as access point and plug it in the main router.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

9 minutes ago, Filingo said:

Hello,

Thanks!

If it is setup in access point mode, it will get an IP from a DHCP server on your network. Usually your modem or an other router. If you don't have any of those connected, it can't get an IP. Log into the server and check for the DHCP leases until you find your router. An other option that I always use is Fing network tools app to scan the network.