Aorus RTX 3090 xtreme waterforce wb (active backplate)

Hola! i know we're all still waiting for ek's release of these active backplates. But, would you guys know or have any idea if the GPUs that comes with a pre-installed waterblock (like this aorus xtreme waterforce), would it be compatible with the EK's active back plate, or would we still have to buy the front waterblock as well?

• 3 months later...

Any news on this? I've just checked ekwb and they still seem to have no active backplate for the aorus xtreme 3090 model. It seems to be byski.

19 hours ago, anzulo said:

Any news on this? I've just checked ekwb and they still seem to have no active backplate for the aorus xtreme 3090 model. It seems to be byski.

It’s great. Temps are great. The bykski pads are no good though, well they do the job, but changing them to gelid extremes gave spectacular results. 

the card i have is not an aorus xtreme though.  It’s the aorus xtreme waterforce (3090 master pcb layout with 350w tdp 2 8pin power port)

i believe the aorus xtreme has a different block as the pcb is longer. And I can’t recommend you the thermal pad size as well as they may be different too.

but the pads i used for mine was a 1.5mm gelid extremes for all the VRAMS and just used the bykski pads for the rest of the components that needs pads.

Really cool room like 20c room temp gives me 58c VRAMS (water temp i think is about 38c)

24c room temp 62c VRAM (water temp 40c)

27c room temp 64c vram temp (water temp 42)

water temp of 43-44 gives vram temp of 66c

temps are based on most efficient setting for mining at 126mh/s

during gaming….. well…. They’re great.

360 rad with 3 vader fans average 2000rpm with fan curves to maintain water temp of 41c

I only have the 3090 in the loop. Cpu is in another loop

well hipe this will help you