Recently bought a prebuilt, it's been crashing on me continuously..

colinblack

So I bought a pc from cyberpower a couple of weeks ago and I've been having trouble with it since it arrived. I had a couple of crashes which seemed to be fixed after tinkering around with the power settings and I had to install the latest nvidia drivers which seemed to make everything work smoother however last night the pc crashed twice and when I went to switch off the power the second time I noticed a faint smell of burning plastic. The first time it crashed was while I was working on a video in premiere pro and I figured it might have just been me overloading the cpu. Once I turned the system back on I actually had to reinstall the latest nvidia drivers and then I decided to game for a bit instead. I played Rocket League for a while with no problems and then decided to hop onto R6. Before even getting into a real match the computer crashed, while I was on the lowest possible settings. I really don't know much about computers so I'm not really sure what the problem could be; I've reached out to cyberpower and I'm waiting on an email back from them but I've also heard that their return/refund process can be a huge hassle so if anyone has any idea what the problem might be please feel free to try and help out. I'll list the specs of the build below.

AMD B450-M AM4

Ryzen 5 3600

16GB RAM

GTX 1660 Super 

600 Watt PSU

Since it's so new and under warranty you should expect to have to send the system back to them, and I would definitely tell them that you smelled burning plastic.

Given the burning smell and general system instability, I would think the likelyhood is that the power supply has a problem.

1 minute ago, AaronThomas said:

Since it's so new and under warranty you should expect to have to send the system back to them, and I would definitely tell them that you smelled burning plastic.

Given the burning smell and general system instability, I would think the likelyhood is that the power supply has a problem.

I was thinking the power supply might be the problem. I just hope the whole return process isn't too bad. Thank you for the reply! 

Whatever you do, don't open it up or do anything that could void your warranty.  It doesn't hurt to act a bit dumber than you really are when talking to tech support.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

1 minute ago, shoutingsteve said:

Whatever you do, don't open it up or do anything that could void your warranty.  It doesn't hurt to act a bit dumber than you really are when talking to tech support.

Only ever opened the side panel to take out the shipping foam and to make sure everything was plugged in properly as it says on the instructions with the PC so I believe I should be good. Thankfully I don't even have to act dumb when I get ahold of them aha