Apple Executive Wanted iMessage On Android; Shot down by other Executives

NotTheFirstDaniel

Interesting discussion looking from my (EU) perspective. Some have Android phones, some iPhones (including closest family). Never heard of anyone saying "why are you not going to other side using iMessage, it's so great". My groups use either FB or Whatsapp so that no one is missing out. So at least here in my local bubble Apple have shot themselves in the foot since no one cares about their app. In any case, it's just to send some stuff, maybe have some call and share some stuff or whatever. Don't really care which app I use for that.

7950x3d | Corsair H170i Elite LCD XT | ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHz | ASUS GeForce RTX 4090 ROG Strix O24G | Samsung 990 PRO 2TB  | Corsair AX1500i | Corsair 7000D Airflow | Simucube 2 Pro + Sparco P310 + Sparco R345 + SMC SMV1 + Ascher Racing F64 V2 | Fanatec CSS V 1.5 | HE Ultimate+ | HE Sim Handbrake | Sim-Lab P1 | DSD Race King II | Valve Index

I send messages using iMessage. Some go out as an iMessage, some go out as SMS, it doesn't matter to me because I have unlimited SMS through my carrier. The hiccup happens on group messages because some that are using Android either don't get the group message or when they respond to the group it separates it into their own thread. I never found it to be my issue.

I don't think it would have made a big difference regardless. I don't think it would have gained significant market share.

Just like iTunes didn't exactly become the default music player on Windows, even though it has a windows version. It was mostly used for people with an iPod or iPhone to sync their device, that's about it.

That being said, you are pretty much forced to use Whatsapp these days. I can't count anymore how many Whatsapp groups I am in for co-workers and friends. The only positive part: its not Facebook messenger at least.

On 4/29/2021 at 9:37 AM, Heliian said:

Nobody should lock themselves into one service.  I'm able to use multiple services on my android based phone without overpaying for hardware and apps.

Uhm, you know that every "service" you have access to on andoid is available on iOS too, right?

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

3 hours ago, Video Beagle said:

Uhm, you know that every "service" you have access to on andoid is available on iOS too, right?

Most are for sure, except when Apple decides that they're not worthy for the iOS.  

And price.  You get the same if not more phone for half the price when you go outside of apple.