Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi and thank you for the help in advance 馃槈

For the past year or so I have been experiancing random crashes and wierd blue shpaes poping up when playing games for example CS:GO. Recently the crashes have become more frequent and after trying everything up to reinstalling windows and reseting CMOS I decided to again聽test if the same thing was happening when benchmarking and stress testing the PC (one year ago when crashing wasnt as frequent benchmarking didnt have any issues). I saw the same blue shapes flashing and after 20 min of running the first crash (diference between this crash and the CS:GO crashes was that after 5 sec pause it聽continued, while in CS:GO I have to use the task manager to close the app othervise it stays crashed). ANy suggestion on what to do and what might be the fault?

(Video shows blue flashes)

Link to post
Share on other sites

video ram is likely going bad.

Can't repair that really.

How are the temps on your GPU at idle, and under load?

Might try a thermal paste and thermal pad replacement, depending on the age/model of the GPU (which you should totally list, BTW)

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been having gpu issues as well

I found that if I use MSI afterburner and set the sliders (GPU clock and MEM clock) to lowest they go my card stays stable.聽

Worth a shot

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <EVGA GTX 770 2GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial聽CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe>聽 <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <Noctua P12 case fans>

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Radium_Angel said:

video ram is likely going bad.

Can't repair that really.

How are the temps on your GPU at idle, and under load?

Might try a thermal paste and thermal pad replacement, depending on the age/model of the GPU (which you should totally list, BTW)

I have tested the RAM by switching it with a friends RAM. Kept on crashing. Sorry about not listing the GPU- ASUS 980 MATRIX, other stats- I5-6600k, 8gb RAM, z170 MB. For what I have seen the temperatures seem fine. I would need to check them again while benchmarking tho.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

I have been having gpu issues as well

I found that if I use MSI afterburner and set the sliders (GPU clock and MEM clock) to lowest they go my card stays stable.聽

Worth a shot

Thanks, I'll try that. Wont lowering the clock rate affect the performance tho?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, La Jake said:

RAM by switching it with a friends RAM

Not computer RAM, the video card RAM, that can't be swapped.

4 minutes ago, La Jake said:

I would need to check them again while benchmarking tho.

If the video display is fine under idle (or light tasks like watching a YouTube video) and only start artifacting under load, then it's probably temperature related

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, La Jake said:

Thanks, I'll try that. Wont lowering the clock rate affect the performance tho?

yes

For me it is the difference of a game crash and a working game soooo I'm ok with the performance trade off

The curruption is most likely VRAM thats differnet from regular ram

VRAM is soldered to the GPU board

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <EVGA GTX 770 2GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial聽CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe>聽 <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <Noctua P12 case fans>

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Not computer RAM, the video card RAM, that can't be swapped.

If the video display is fine under idle (or light tasks like watching a YouTube video) and only start artifacting under load, then it's probably temperature related

Just checked... It seems like the flickering starts only when GPU temperature goes above 63 degrees and gets worse as it climbs up. Is there anything that can be done?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, La Jake said:

Just checked... It seems like the flickering starts only when GPU temperature goes above 63 degrees and gets worse as it climbs up. Is there anything that can be done?

if you try the underclock the temps will decrease聽

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <EVGA GTX 770 2GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial聽CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe>聽 <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <Noctua P12 case fans>

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

yes

For me it is the difference of a game crash and a working game soooo I'm ok with the performance trade off

The curruption is most likely VRAM thats differnet from regular ram

VRAM is soldered to the GPU board

Hmm thats true... Guess its worth a try

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, La Jake said:

Just checked... It seems like the flickering starts only when GPU temperature goes above 63 degrees and gets worse as it climbs up. Is there anything that can be done?

A card repaste and cleaning will also help

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <EVGA GTX 770 2GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial聽CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe>聽 <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <Noctua P12 case fans>

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg