Apple begins M2 production for 2H launch

Jet_ski
On 4/27/2021 at 6:58 AM, Jet_ski said:

Summary

TAIPEI -- The next generation of Mac processors designed by Apple entered mass production this month, sources familiar with the matter told Nikkei Asia, bringing the U.S. tech giant one step closer to its goal of replacing Intel-designed central processing units with its own.

Apple and TSMC declined to comment for this story.

Quotes

My thoughts

I wasn't expecting the M2 until next year. Everyone was saying the new MacBooks will come with "M1X."

Sources

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Tech/Semiconductors/Apple-s-follow-up-to-M1-chip-goes-into-mass-production-for-Mac

Ive been seeing M1x and m2 interchangeably.   Starting production of CPUs is still in line with an early 2022 launch, though it could come earlier too I suppose.  Myself I’m excited by the concept of some sort of gaming quality gpu being available for whatever the new chip is.  Someone here was describing some home cooked integrated thing based on metal as a probable one for that.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.