BOINC Pentathlon 2021

3 hours ago, leadeater said:

Seems it may be possible to do a lot better than the 7.8m on Javelin, should we opt to now do all 5 and gun for higher? Not checked other teams points, bit busy so if someone has the time would be good to check if it's worth it and what we would likely have to achieve to gain a position.

Currently in the process of trying to get 5 2x 2690v3 servers up and running, 1 is booting in to Ubuntu just fine but the other 4 are being a right pain and not booting to the RAID arrays, grrrrrrr.

The question we need to ask is do we wanna push for a better jav or concentrate on The city run and the sprint... 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

46 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

The question we need to ask is do we wanna push for a better jav or concentrate on The city run and the sprint... 

Well the city run is GPU so that doesn't affect it much, sprint on the other hand should be CPU and that will overlap

I've transferred a 1080 to crunch some E@H, the other 1080, 2060 and 2070 are still on Primegrid. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Should I be concerned about having close to 700K in pending credits on PrimeGrid?

My Folding Stats

My BOINC Stats

VelosterN:

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz 32GB - Asus ROG Strix Gaming 6750 XT OC

Corsair Crystal Series 680x RGB - Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB NVMe - Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe - Samsung 860 Pro 256 GB 2.5" SSD X2

EVGA P2 80+ Platinum 850Watt PSU - BenQ XL2730Z 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz - be quiet! Dark Rock 4

Corsair K70 LUX - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Sennheiser HD599 - Blue Yeti Mic

Windows 11 Professional Version 22H2

BettyBoop:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X - Asus ROG Strix B450-I Gaming - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz 16GB - Asus ROG Strix Gaming 5500 XT - Fractal Design Core 500

Samsung 860 Pro 512GB Sata - EVGA 550GM 80+ Gold 550Watt SFX PSU - be quiet! Dark Rock 4

Windows 11 Professional Version 22H2

HTPC:

Intel i7 6700K - Asus Maximus Hero VIII - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz 16GB - MSI RX480 Gaming-X 8GB - Cooler Master 932 HAF

Seagate 250GB HDD - EVGA G2 80+ Gold 650Watt PSU - Corsair H100i

Windows 10 Professional Version 21H2

Just now, HaRdLy007 said:

Should I be concerned about having close to 700K in pending credits on PrimeGrid?

It's just the way it is, probably as other teams have bunkers still to drop. I have like 2-3m pending last I checked. Just keep crunching. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

7 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

It's just the way it is, probably as other teams have bunkers still to drop. I have like 2-3m pending last I checked. Just keep crunching. 

I just dropped a 2950TR on SI and a RTX 3090 will run on Prime for a couple days.  Hope this makes a dent.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

Just now, LAR_Systems said:

I just dropped a 2950TR on SI and a RTX 3090 will run on Prime for a couple days.  Hope this makes a dent.

Massive thanks

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Looks like I did my math very wrong. I'm still on Javlin and Cross Country starts in 6hrs.

Damn you algebra ineptitude! 😆 Will switch over when I get off work tonight. I have a R9 290X it's not a great card anymore for E@H but it's better than nothing.

Looks like the topic post hasn't been updated in a little bit, is there a page where the windows for the remaining disciplines are posted?

New motherboard finally showed up today, so my 3900x machine is back up and running, and my 2060 is transferred back to it. Currently planning to put the 2060 on Cross Country and the 3900x on Javelin, since it seems like we can push more easily on that than Marathon.

Just now, Baha said:

Looks like the topic post hasn't been updated in a little bit, is there a page where the windows for the remaining disciplines are posted?

New motherboard finally showed up today, so my 3900x machine is back up and running, and my 2060 is transferred back to it. Currently planning to put the 2060 on Cross Country and the 3900x on Javelin, since it seems like we can push more easily on that than Marathon.

https://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pentathlon/start.php

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 minutes ago, Baha said:

Yea sorry, I get busy. That link provided to you is the best place to look anyway, also check out all the ranking, stats and graphs.

Alright, well, the 3900x system continues to be a big bag of problems - starting to think a faulty PSU was what did the motherboard in. It's a fairly nice Seasonic unit, but apparently the exact model I have has been known to be problematic with higher end graphics cards...

Guess I'm just gonna order a new one and put the 2060 back in the old box for now.

Strange how on my desktop BOINC stops working every time I try to add a project but when I cut out the middle man and go strait to CLI:

boinccmd --project_attach https://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/ acc_key

It works just fine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now crunching E@H. I have a vague memory from the last time we did this project everything "Multi-Directional" tanked the point performance. Don't know if that's still worthwhile to disable.

1896923606_Screenshotfrom2021-05-1018-26-32.png.5eb5b452901d5c6a8aea3d6eaebe3ae5.png

Running on both CPU+GPU BTW.

The current javelin throw is now over and the Einstein@Home event has now begun. So drop those MIP bunkers and let's see where were at

it is currently 3 days to the next javelin throw

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

So, an issue with the way my setup is currently configured - if I start bunkering MIP for the next throw, I'll be unable to upload results from my 3080 and 970 during that time for PrimeGrid (with 44 CPU threads between them). PrimeGrid will end before the next Throw.

Do folks think it would be better for me to switch those machines over to SiDock so I can keep working PrimeGrid and start bunkering MIP on my remaining machines instead (32 threads), or would it be better to bunker MIP and run Einstein on those GPUs since the throw is timed such that I'd be able to release them?

I'm leaning toward switching which machines are bunkering on MIP vs running SiDock. We're already hurting on PrimeGrid and I'm currently third on the team for active production, so it feels worth prioritizing.

1 minute ago, Baha said:

So, an issue with the way my setup is currently configured - if I start bunkering MIP for the next throw, I'll be unable to upload results from my 3080 and 970 during that time for PrimeGrid (with 44 CPU threads between them). PrimeGrid will end before the next Throw.

Do folks think it would be better for me to switch those machines over to SiDock so I can and start bunkering MIP on my remaining machines instead (32 threads), or to bunker MIP and run Einstein on those GPUs since the throw is timed such that I'd be able to release them?

I'm leaning toward switching which machines are bunkering on MIP vs running SiDock. We're already hurting on PrimeGrid and I'm currently third on the team for active production, so it feels worth prioritizing.

Do what you think is right. But PG could be helpful, we won't really know for a few more hours how we are doing on Einstein honestly

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Unrelated to current discussion:

I couldn't figure out why Primegrid was hitting my CPU so hard, (everything was running pretty hard, sitting around 80C).

Turns out I never disabled F@H, so that's why my progress was so slow....
Fixed now, but I still feel like an idiot.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

I forgot E@H was a RAM hog. 🙄

830330658_Screenshotfrom2021-05-1022-37-45.png.37fdadf0566640b8ee4bfd6405d6e073.png

Figures I need to run it on the one system I have with a "meager" 32GB. 😆

6 hours ago, Baha said:

Run multiple BOINC instances per computer

4 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

I forgot E@H was a RAM hog. 🙄

Isn't E@H a GPU project? Is it worth putting CPU on it?

6 hours ago, Baha said:

Do folks think it would be better for me to switch those machines over to SiDock so I can keep working PrimeGrid and start bunkering MIP on my remaining machines instead (32 threads), or would it be better to bunker MIP and run Einstein on those GPUs since the throw is timed such that I'd be able to release them?

Well basically to be honest I can essentially cover MIP myself, others can help boost during the throw or bunker a little before but I wouldn't stress about it.

image.png.2e7d6cc7ccb4228f4862916e471da59f.png

I'll be able to throw out 9mil minimum.

5 hours ago, leadeater said:

Isn't E@H a GPU project? Is it worth putting CPU on it?

Probably not but the sprint has ended and I can't put my desktop on the marathon because sidock doesn't have checkpoints.