Xbox series s or Xbox one s

Tommy-Cash

Hello, maybe this has been asked before, but what is best purchase from cheap consoles, is Xbox Series s better than Xbox one s? I can buy used xbox one s for 200$, is it worth the 100$ more for the Xbox series s if i will buy ps5 later this year as my main console?

The Series S has a CPU multitudes better than the One S. It’ll only game at 1080p/1440p resolution but you can reach frame rates up to 120fps on Series S, whereas even 60fps is rare on One S.

Essentially think of the Series S as the HD next gen console, with the Series X the 4K next gen console. Similar performance at different resolutions. Whether or not that’s important is up to you.

Series S is a way way better console if you can get it at MSRP. XBox One S at $200 is a fucking ripoff, that system would barely be worth $100 if it wasn't for the chip shortage and supply issues. Honestly though, just buy the PS5 Digital for $400 if the $500 for the disc console is too much. And then in a couple of years get the XBox Series X, not S, when the floodgates open on XBox's upcoming exclusives. I wouldn't touch an XBox today when their exclusives library is kind of trash currently (unless you're big into racing games) but the Series X is going to be a monster the second half of this gen with new Elder Scrolls, new Fallout(s), Starfield, Hellblade 2, new Doom, new Dishonored, etc. as exclusives. Plus Series X has a significantly stronger gpu than PS5 so that's the one you should get as your main console platform this generation, with PS5 just for the exclusives.